3. Norwegian Escape
This was our fourth NCL Cruise. I have to say when we compared it to our 14 Princess and 10 HAL, if we were to choice same route and dollar for Dollar, NCL would be dead last and have to be significantly cheaper. The rewards for being a Latitudes member at this point do not compare to the other lines. We had a balcony room on the 10th floor . We did sail into gale force winds on the way to Bermuda and the ship handled it well. I know NCL cannot control the weather so it was disappointing due to the weather not to be able to go on the deck at night only one night. We bought our 9 year old Grand daughter for her first cruise she loved it. The ship is big with over 4000K people. It was crowded after the mandatory life boat drill as everyone was trying to get up on the elevators. We ate breakfast, lunch and dinner at the two main restaurants Savor and forgot the name of the other. The service was OK, we were assigned to different tables ( we were a party of 5 as my brother and sister in law joined us). So the wait staff did not really know our likes such as tea or coffee. The food was bland to say the least , a I at the New York Strip two nights and it was bland, and chewy. My grand daughter enjoyed the three cheese pasta two nights. The deserts were about the same each night. The breakfasts were fine, and the Lunch was basic lunch. Again we did not use the buffet at all. My wife had a soda card and the ship ran out of cans of Diet Pepsi by the second day. She could use it at bars for fountain if she wanted a can we had to pay for it. My grand daughter and I enjoyed the ropes course as well as the water slides. I did not like the fact that all the ship run activities by the cruise staff was in the atrrium, there never were enough seats to watch what was going on. We did take our grand daughter to the Choir of Men which was good and the After Midnight show which was better. Getting on and off the ship was fine, the luggage was not a problem in getting to our rooms. I have to say the one steward we had ( seems NCL does not use two stewards), did an outstanding job of cleaning and honoring our time in the rooms. His name was Gilbert and was the best staff we ever interacted with. Of course if you wanted to see your room charges the day before port it was a long long line. So I decided to go late like at 12 am. They could not take the cash I wanted to pay the charges with at that hour. I felt the room service charge of 7.95 each was nickle and diming us. The food in the Irish Pub was not very Irish, but at least it was open late at night. My wife enjoyed the casino , I did not venture in as I was busy with grand daughter. Would we do NCL again, I doubt it.

Somewhat disappointing

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by dadmagoo

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

Would we do NCL again, I doubt it.
dadmagoo’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BE
We took a guaranteed Balcony and were happy with the size of it as we needed a third bed for our grand daughter. The couch opened up and we left it open during the day . There was a fair amount of space to hang clothes and put away things. The bathroom was clean and a good size shower for a ship. There was no room in the in room fridge as it was full of things we do not drink i.e. beer, and booze.
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Helmet Dive
    Years ago we brought our two children on a cruise to Bermuda and used Harley Helmet diving. Well, they are still in business, in fact the young man who helped up put on the helmets and go into the water now runs it and his son helps you with the helmets. Well worth the money as he meets you right at the Wharf my 9 year old grand daughter loved it.
    View All 11 Helmet Dive Reviews