3. Majesty of the Seas
We chose this cruise because our original cruise to Cuba had been cancelled due to a travel ban.This cruise was suggested to us by royal Carribean and it was around the same price with 2 more additional days. So we figured it was a good deal. We ported out of Fort Lauderdale and the check in process was fairly normal, no issues.Once we finally boarded the ship is when we noticed the lack of luxury. The decor was super dated, the entrance was small and the ship was quiet. No happy vacation vibes, no vacation drinks it was a underwhelming lobby with sales people ready to sell you one some plan that will better "enhance our experience". Since our rooms were not ready we decided to go the the food area and grab some lunch and lounge around. The eating are was small, and jammed packed. The food options were very limited and no fresh food being made by order. Once we grabe a cheese plate and a side salad, we sat by a window and quickly noticed it was so dirty that we could not see out of it. There were stains on the walls and parts of he walls and ceiling were being held up with duck tape. The workers walk table to table trying to get people to sign up for tours and sushi classes that cost extra money. After the 7th person came to the table asking us to sign up for the same sushi class that we kept declining I knew this was going to be a long 5 days. After eating we got to room and was immediately hit with the strong smell of sewage. Our room was abnormally small. and there was rust lime and calcium everywhere you looked. In every crease of the bathroom there was brown reddish rust.The mirrors had stains on them. The carpet look like it needed to be cleaned bad. The piping under the sink where they placed the floor towels had green mold-ish lings growing on it and the doorways were completely rusted out. It was what I imagine a Super 8 motel at a truck stop would look like, and smell like. TERRIBLE!. So of course I quickly gathered my things and me and my husband went to customer service and requested a room changes. The old us that the ship was booked and there were no other rooms available. I asked if the room could be cleaned. They told me that they would take hot water and come and clean my room after they had come in and inspected it, I was appalled because just hot water alone was not going to fix the rust and lime build up.And the sewage smell never left. All this took place in just the first 4 hours of being on board. The overall customer service sucked. They were trying to nickel and dime people to death. The food was terrible. the elevators didn't work. the windows were dirty ,and the lawn chairs were old and broken. This was my first royal Caribbean cruise, I normally cruise Carnival. and I was very disappointed,.

We were stuck on a CLR ( calcium, rust, and lime) ship

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Chaniece

All this took place in just the first 4 hours of being on board.

Chaniece’s Full Rating Summary