3. Adventure of the Seas
This was our fourth cruise on Adventure and 46th with Royal Caribbean. We had a Junior Suite, 1646, port side, deck 10. Room was splendid with ample storage and closet space, a welcome change from the tight surroundings on Empress the week before. Dining was Deck 3, my time dining. Food was good not great. The soups were generally outstanding. The second formal night had small lobster and prime rib. My lobster was slightly flaky and part of my prime rib was undercooked. Service was excellent. They now get you in and out in under an hour and a half. The staff was great. The cruise director, Drew Devine, does a great job and is quite personable. Overall, the entertainment was superior from top to bottom. This cruise had particularly good singers and comedians. The ice show is the original one, but still well performed. A behind the scene tour at Studio B was great. Hearing from the skaters and how they got to here was quite interesting. A meal with an officer was done on Day Two and not many passengers attended, only two tables. When you hit 340 cruise points you get invited to these events. They are not to be missed, trust me. The Diamond lounge expanded to include all of the Viking Crown Lounge. Service was excellent along with the appetizers. They had to do this because the Concierge Club is no more on this class ship and has been replaced by the Suite Lounge. Only Pinnacles and Suite guests get to go here, so Diamond Plus members have some built up resentment towards this change. Get over it or go on a Vision Class ship to visit the Concierge Club. Ports were good. Labidee was in great shape and fun. You don’t have to go to Coco Cay to have a perfect beach day. In Saint Maarten we always go to Orient Beach, as it is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. I will never tire of it. All in all a great cruise, EXCEPT IN SAN JUAN, after I received a message that no roaming charges applied, I selected data roaming for the day. I awoke to a frantic call from my son that he received a message, I had incurred a $2,700 roaming data charge from Cellular at Sea on my Xfinity bill. Morale of the story- never select data roaming on your cell phone. Fortunately, after numerous calls to RCCL and Xfinity, the Xfinity agent made a one time adjustment to reduce the majority of that charge. What a relief.

Great crew, food and entertainment.

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by alt19851

This was our fourth cruise on Adventure and 46th with Royal Caribbean.

We had a Junior Suite, 1646, port side, deck 10.

alt19851’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

Junior Suite
Cabin J3
Great Cabin. Spacious, nice comfortable bed. Big bathtub.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins