3. Allure of the Seas
Thanksgiving cruise week. Fully packed. 5500+ people on board, plus close to 2,000 crew. We never really felt there were too many people on board, except when you first board, and everyone runs to the nearest bar or restaurant on the promenade, which was the mistake we made. Once dinner time rolls around on the first night, everyone is spread out throughout the ship. You would have no idea how many people are on board. We had reservations for the main dining room every night, but were traveling with 2 other families for a total of 12. The first night we spoke to the Maitre'D and explained we would like to all be together, and they accommodated. Didn't expect them to but they did anyway. Dinner was excellent every night. From appetizer through desserts. I don't know why people wanna spend extra dough on the fancy restaurants- I never think it is worth it. If you can ask for Noel, he was the best server. Always accommodating. Lots of extra lobster tails on formal night, and anything else you wanted was available. Shows- Mamma Mia was very good- talented singers for sure. Ice show was surprisingly pretty good, Ocean Aria was almost Cirque du Soleil good. I would rate it a 9 out of 10- highly entertaining. Do yourself a favor- sit in the front row (splash zone). We went last minute and that was the only thing open- it was SO worth it. I would have been disappointed if we did NOT sit there. Blue Planet was meh. Excursions- St. Maarten took the Golden Eagle Sailaway Catamaran snorkel and beach. One of the best I've ever done, and I've done this kind of thing 3-4 times before. Water was clearest I have ever seen anywhere, warm and inviting. Lots of rum punch and beer after snorkeling. Even brought it on the beach. St. Thomas- been there before. Half day, just walked Old San Juan. It was ok. Coco Cay- Wow. RC outdid themselves here. All food included (tacos were excellent). Drinks included if you have the drink package (who in their right mind doesn't buy the drink package if they expect to have more than 4-5 drinks a day/night?) Casino was good but kind of smoky, even in the nonsmokers section, so be forewarned. Bars were good, waited maybe 10 mins once for a drink at wipeout bar by flowrider. Keep in mind, every bar you go to they are making specialty drinks for every person, so have some patience. Any other time I needed a drink it was in my hands within minutes. Sorrento Pizza- had it before on another RC ship last year and it was terrible. I wish it was terrible this time- it was some of the best pizza I ever had, Dangerous being open til 3 am too. The hot dog bar in the aft was excellent as well. Maybe I am easily impressed, but generally we eat pretty good food, and I just think they nailed it on this cruise. Bottom line- if you are reading this wondering if you made the right choice (after reading so many negative reviews), don't worry, unless you are a hoighty toighty complainer looking to complain about SOMETHING. If you are a laid back person, this cruise will be great for you. Enjoy!!

How some people don't like this boat I will never understand!

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by brian110772

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

St. Thomas- been there before. Half day, just walked Old San Juan. It was ok.

brian110772’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 6D
Much bigger than most boats we have been on. Not much room to maneuver when the 2nd bed was made, however, but what can you do. Starboard side aft. Perfect for listening to the calming wake.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins