3. Celebrity Eclipse
The ship remains very nice. We took the Celebrity Eclipse on its initial trans-Atlantic cruise from England to Florida in 2010. The life boat drill was awful. We were crammed into the photo studio and forced to watch a LONG cheesy video that we could not see or hear. The main evening dining was so-so. There were 3 nights I could not eat my meal. Pork chop was so tough I could not cut. Pork loin was pink (I don't eat anything not well done, especially pork), and my Beef Wellington was like shoe leather. Other nights were o.k. The waiters were great as usual, but they seemed overworked, and it took forever to order and get our meals. The buffet on deck 14 was excellent. Lots of good choices, including pizza, Indian, Asian, Mexican, Mixed Grill, Salad, and Chef's Choice daily. They offered Hula and Ukulele lessons. My wife enjoyed these. The ship's party bands were good. The theater shows were very good, especially the Rave-Ons. It was a Buddy Holly tribute band. Excellent group. Too many of the activities and music were in the Grand Foyer, which was not so Grand. It had a small dance floor and limited seating. We could never find a place sit. In the past these activities were on Deck 14 forward in the Sky Lounge which was much bigger and had lots of seating. The gym was excellent with a lot of cardio and weight training machines. The excursions were very good. We were surprised at Ensenada, Mexico. It was clean, and we took an excursion to a Kumiai Indian Reservation and enjoyed it. The ship didn't have any formal nights. It was called evening chic. I had packed 2 suits, so I dressed up anyway on these 3 chic evenings.

Somethings great and somethings not so good.

Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by veloman

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda
The ship remains very nice.

They offered Hula and Ukulele lessons. My wife enjoyed these.

The ship's party bands were good.

The gym was excellent with a lot of cardio and weight training machines.

veloman’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Eclipse price drops

Deluxe Veranda
Cabin 1C
Our cabin was comfortable and clean. Our room steward was excellent.
Vista Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins