Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review
1,922 Reviews

Somethings great and somethings not so good.

Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by veloman

• Sail Date: Oct 2019
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda 1C

The ship remains very nice.

We took the Celebrity Eclipse on its initial trans-Atlantic cruise from England to Florida in 2010.

The life boat drill was awful. We were crammed into the photo studio and forced to watch a LONG cheesy video that we could not see or hear.

The main evening dining was so-so. There were 3 nights I could not eat my meal. Pork chop was so tough I could not cut. Pork loin was pink (I don't eat anything not well done, especially pork), and my Beef Wellington was like shoe leather. Other nights were o.k. The waiters were great as usual, but they seemed overworked, and it took forever to order and get our meals.

The buffet on deck 14 was excellent. Lots of good choices, including pizza, Indian, Asian, Mexican, Mixed Grill, Salad, and Chef's Choice daily.

They offered Hula and Ukulele lessons. My wife enjoyed these.

The ship's party bands were good.

The theater shows were very good, especially the Rave-Ons. It was a Buddy Holly tribute band. Excellent group.

Too many of the activities and music were in the Grand Foyer, which was not so Grand. It had a small dance floor and limited seating. We could never find a place sit. In the past these activities were on Deck 14 forward in the Sky Lounge which was much bigger and had lots of seating.

The gym was excellent with a lot of cardio and weight training machines.

The excursions were very good. We were surprised at Ensenada, Mexico. It was clean, and we took an excursion to a Kumiai Indian Reservation and enjoyed it.

The ship didn't have any formal nights. It was called evening chic. I had packed 2 suits, so I dressed up anyway on these 3 chic evenings.

veloman's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Veranda 1C

Our cabin was comfortable and clean. Our room steward was excellent.

It had the nicest Volvo tour bus that we have ever been on. We enjoyed the experience.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park

We enjoyed going to the National Park and stopping at the Chocolate factory en-route. The tour guide was pleasant.

View All 153 Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Reviews
Kona (Kailua Bay)

Our walk in the cloud forest was interesting. The guide pointed out much of the plants that were native and those that were imported to Hawaii. Our stop at a coffee plantation was good.

Maui

It was an enjoyable trip to the almost 10,000 foot National Park. Our tour guide was informative, and we had a decent pasta lunch that was part of the excursion on the way back to the ship.

Ensenada

Our Volvo tour bus was definitely the nicest tour bus we had ever been on. We were happy at how clean Ensenda appeared. The Kumiai Indian Reservation was small, but we really enjoyed it. Three children and an elder performed for us. We were fed a meal of milk-honey, pinto beans, acorns, and tortillas. It was great. I asked for seconds.

Honolulu

This excursion was not for the weak or handicapped. It was an enjoyable trek up a steep and muddy trail through the rain forest to a small waterfall. Our guide, Terri, was wonderful. Great job Terri!

veloman