3. Regal Princess
Port Everglades 11/24 Princess Cay 11/25 Day at Sea 11/26 St. Thomas 11/27 St. Maarten 11/28 Day at Sea 11/29 Day at Sea 11/30 Port Everglades 12/1 My boyfriend and I (in our mid 20s) decided to book a Princess cruise for the very first time together as a couple. I had been reading the reviews for this cruise and was a little hesitant as some of the most recent people on the ship had mentioned fluctuating food and entertainment variety. Overall, this cruise was fantastic! The ship itself was stunning, most of the crew on board were very nice, food was usually very good, and the entertainment was terrific! Embarkment: We received our medallions in the mail a few weeks before our trip. I read online to download the app and fill out our information prior to boarding so that It was easy and smooth. That It was! We arrived to the terminal around 11 AM and It was not busy at all. The transition to get on the ship was sooo smooth and everyone working for Princess in the terminal was extremely nice. WIthin a matter of less than half an hour we were already on the ship! Room: We booked an inside cabin on the 16th deck, Lido. Our cabin was ready as soon as we stepped onto the ship! It was the most spacious inside cabin I have ever seen before! Our room steward was Elmer, and although we didn't see him too much, he provided us with a clean room and everything we could've asked for! The bed was extremely comfortable, and the shower was great! Entertainment: Absolutely fantastic!!!! The dancers, singers, ICON, comedians, It was all fantastic! There was always some type of music playing whether in the Piazza, the several onboard bars, or by the pool. There was nothing lacking from the entertainment on this ship! The "Bravo, Sweet Soul Music, Born to Dance" shows by the dance company were absolutely incredible! The comedian onboard, Buddy Fitzpatrick was great during his first performance. However, the second time It was definitely a flop. We really wish there was a late-night comedian (18+) available but there was not. That was where we found the entertainment to be lacking-just in that one area. On the last night, there was a male acapella group which was just great! Activities: This was another area lacking, not too much going on during the day (especially sea-days) besides laying by the pool. Horizon Court/Bistro: We always enjoyed lunch and snacks at the buffet during the ship! The salads were fresh and delicious and there were always many options to choose from. Breakfast was not a hit for us, the pancakes and waffles were YUCK. Fresh fruit was not in season, and there were never any berries available which I wish there were. Overall, the food served here was great. International Cafe- Such a great option to see on a ship! They had pastries, coffee, quiche, salads, soup available from morning til night! We really enjoyed a mid-afternoon snack here! Bar service- all of the drinks we had on board were excellent! Dining Room: We had booked online for 7:15 in the Allegro Dining Room. However, once on board we received two cards which said we were dining at 7:45 in the Allegro Dining Room. Allegro is located on the 5th floor and was a bit challenging to get to at times. On the first night, we were introduced to Carlo and Marco as our waiters. We were sat in a booth along one side of the restaurant and were surrounded by other tables for 2. I did find the dining room was lacking atmosphere as there was no music that ever played and not much decor. Also, the tables were wayyyyy too close to one another and the waiter would talk to a group of us, rather than making It an individual dining experience. I am a vegetarian and my boyfriend is a pescatarian (allergic to peanuts). On the first night, we told our waiter and each night after that my boyfriend would view the menu the night before and preselect his meal. He always ordered the fish or seafood option, and I stuck to the vegetarian option. Overall, the vegetarian options were very good, minus a meal or two here or there that was so so. The portions were quite small, so we usually ordered 2-3 appetizers and 2 meals to try. I was not that impressed with the menu each night, as there was only one vegetarian option available, aside from the Fettucini Alfredo that was available permanently on the menu. The first two nights, the meals came out quite quickly since we were always trying to catch a show at 9 or 10 pm. However, the rest of the nights the service was very slow and we often scarfed down our food to get to the show on time. One night, we even skipped dessert just so we wouldn't be so late to miss the show. Desserts were not ever great.. which was very unfortunate. I often stuck to the "love boat" which is just a chocolate mousse. The cheesecake was extremely dry. Medallion Class- we thought this was so neat! The medallion would open the door for you before you even came up to the door! We also used our medallion to pay for drinks, use at the casino, and in the shops! Very clever and we really enjoyed this extra perk! Ports: Princess Cay was beautiful! The water was cold, and there was a 5-10 minute tender to get to the port but that was ok. We really enjoyed this port! St. Thomas- we took a taxi straight off the boat to Magen's Bay. It was very crowded and the chair/umbrella guys wouldn't take your chair or set up the umbrella for you..not sure why but they didn't. It was definitely overpriced (entry fee as well) but we enjoyed walking along the beach and the beautiful scenery. St Maarten- We booked an ATV tour with Splash in the Sun ATV. It was $140 for the two of us on what ended up being a 7-hour tour! We definitely suggest looking into this excursion! We had such a great time on this ship! The decor was stunning, music and entertainment was great, food was usually delicious, and ports were awesome! It was a fun time for us and we look forward to booking with Princess again!

Entertainment, beauty, and so much more!

Regal Princess Cruise Review by amberlaur4

St. Maarten 11/28

Day at Sea 11/29

Day at Sea 11/30

Port Everglades 12/1

Bar service- all of the drinks we had on board were excellent!

amberlaur4’s Full Rating Summary