3. Majestic Princess
I needed a cruise where I could relax and this itinerary with its three days at sea before the first destination,was perfect The purchase price was great...with all the added extras at no extra cost.. Specialty dinner, room upgrade, OBC. Two bottles of wine, and a deluxe balcony breakfast .. That was a good start.. So I researched and booked some princess excursions and some independent ones.. plus I prebooked another specialty restaurant and some spa treatments and loaded OBC so I wasn’t hit with a huge account at the end.. I booked a cabin on Dolphin deck D429 which had an extended balcony ( near the start of the skywalk ) but low enough that people couldn’t look in.. this balcony turned out to be CONSIDERABLY bigger than the normal balconies next to us.. Embarkation. Really didn’t take too long.. the lines were long but moved quickly.. customs was quick and I got the stickers for all my wine bottles ( CORKAGE) at the little table before boarding.. I bought 3 x Magnums of wine and 3 normal sized bottles.. $15.00 each for corkage..absolutely a bargain when you look at the prices of wine on board.. I just showed to sticker to our waiter and all was great.. So into our cabin..immaculate.. plenty of storage and a little more floor space than I had envisioned...balcony, very big We did the usual walk around the ship to discover things.. we are not people, really, to go to many shows or do trivia, bingo, line dancing etc.. But we enjoyed listening to all the music in the Atrium area, Despite what others had said, this area was rarely full and generally you could get a seat fairly easily. I went to one trivia day, which was hysterical, saw an Elton John show, did a wine tasting arvo in the MDR..watched a cooking demo with the exec chef and Maître D... they have a comedy routine that should be on TV. And generally pottered around enjoying what this beautiful ship had to offer The weather... slightly rocking seas on the way over and back..calm at other times.. cool on the South Island but no rain..sunny and perfect up north.. We enjoyed all our days off the ship as well as the ones onboard.. I loved being able to catch up on all the movies I’d missed due to work commitments.. Loved being able to see Australian news channels as we live in the blue Mountains and were concerned about the fires. I would definitely cruise on this ship again.. I found all the staff amazingly friendly..the food excellent ( I’m in hospitality ) ....if I don’t have to plan for, prepare,cook and clean up , then I’m a happy girl.. but really for us, all meals were great and some exceptional.. Love the guest laundries. Such a great idea.. I do miss not having a kettle.. I live for 24/7 cups of tea.. We used room service for most breakfasts...it stopped us eating too much there

Surprisingly good

Majestic Princess Cruise Review by Mrs Clooney

The purchase price was great...with all the added extras at no extra cost..

That was a good start..

So I researched and booked some princess excursions and some independent ones..

I just showed to sticker to our waiter and all was great..

We did the usual walk around the ship to discover things..

Love the guest laundries. Such a great idea..

I do miss not having a kettle.. I live for 24/7 cups of tea..

We used room service for most breakfasts...it stopped us eating too much there
Mrs Clooney’s Full Rating Summary
Get Majestic Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BA
As above... fabulous...but try to book one with an extended balcony ..the normal ones are not big, but ours was
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins