• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

royalintake
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Nov 2019
Cabin: Balcony

This was our fifteenth cruise (my husband and myself) . We cruise with Royal Caribbean or Princess. We just wanted to go back to the Mexican Riviera as we haven't been in over twenty years. We also wanted to see the Royal Princess and experience a medallion cruise. It was also a birthday celebration for me even though my actual birthday was the day of disembarkation.

We live 90 miles outside of Los Angeles so we just drove to the port, parked the car, and hopped on the ship. Embarkation was easy as we have come to expect with Princess. We got on the ship a little after 1pm as we realize now that the staterooms are usually ready after this hour. We can go directly there.

On this cruise we noticed that we could go to the buffet or the dining room when we boarded instead of everyone being crammed into the buffet. I think there were a couple of other eating venues open as well.

Balcony

We always choose aft facing balconies. We enjoy the wake of the ship and being able to see both ways. We also enjoy setting sail from the aft balcony. The cabin is very small just like all of the others. But our aft view is always what we look forward to. We've had a mini suite and two different kind of suites and we've decided to spend our money elsewhere since it's just the two of us.

Find a Royal Princess Cruise from $164