It is Day 14 of our 18 day cruise from Tahiti to Sydney. I am enjoying the cruise and observe many happy guests. The crew has been amazing and Corey Powell is doing a great job as cruise director. In addition to all of the standard announcements that he is required to give, he adds some humor and fun. A really nice guy as well! All of the crew work so hard to please all of the guests even when a few guests are being demanding. The crew seems to be enjoying the cruise as well. Most of them work long hours, every day, away from their families for 6 months. I have lots of respect for all of them! The South Pacific ports have been amazing and we have had good weather in most ports. My favorites so far are Pago Pago, American Samoa, Port Vila Vanuatu and Noumea, New Caledonia. Shore excursions are well managed and interesting. We did not stop at Apia, Samoa due to the measles outbreak there and state of emergency there (a wise decision). Food has been very good as expected. Fellow guests are from Canada, Australia, USA, Germany and Europe. Majority of guests are in their sixties and seventies. Lecturers have been interesting and relevant to where we are sailing. Especially enjoyed the story of the ship's recent refit. Oceania had to move the refit of Regatta from Seattle to Vancouver, Canada due to the U.S. not allowing key contractors with special skills to enter the country. An economic boom for Canada and a multi-million dollar loss for the USA. Then it rained for 17 of the 21 days which required improvising ways to dry the finish on all of the teak wood that is applied after the teak is installed. Painting in the rain was a challenge as well and LOTS of creativity and hard work needed to complete the project. This is why they were still finishing up on the inaugural cruise to Miami. Many crew members slept thru 24 hours a day of construction and hauled all of the new mattresses and furniture in place without the use of the elevators. Wow!! Congratulations to Oceania for the successful project! The ship looks great! Also, as a visually impaired guest, all of the crew and most guests have been very helpful to me while letting me navigate on my own which I like. My only wish is that the cruise offer a nightly show sometimes at 6pm because 9:30pm is too late for many guests. I went to a few of the shows early in the cruise. I highly recommend this cruise.

Happy Ship on South Pacific cruise

Ardentown’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Regatta price drops

Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom
Cabin A2
Even though smaller than the Veranda cabins on Marina, there is lots of storage space throughout the cabin. New shower doors work well. Takes a little bit of time to get used to the smaller space but it is comfortable. Aft of ship is great location because all restaurants are there. The guest laundry is very good and very close to our cabin. Even though there are only 4 washers and 4 dryers for guest laundry for the entire ship, the laundry room is rarely crowded.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins