3. Norwegian Getaway
My family invited me on this cruise. They love to take cruises to get away relax and explore. This was their first on Norwegian and invited me on my first cruise ever. I was so excited after reading reviews and hearing stories of other people. Getting on the ship was super crazy . It was so confusing and took quite a bit of time. Our room was not ready right away. When we got to our room it was very clean and well kept but was a bit smaller than we expected. There were four of us (not so small women) and a Walker trying to find a way to function. We had to leave the Walker out side and only one of us could move around at a time. When our bags arrived it was nearly 5 pm and one of our suitcases was missing. The porter or room attendant was very thoughtful to the notes we left but we were not able to reach anyone by phone. He saw the trouble we were having with moving around and suggested we ask for a handicap accessible room in the future. Room service was stingy with the coffee we did not receive enough for 4 cups any morning we were aboard. The options for dining areas were many, I didn't realize they all served the same menu in each.That was slightly disappointing. The service the first night was impressive but it worsened every night. We had a hard time getting any drink other than water delivered to the table in a timely fashion. My cousin waited 45 min for hot chocolate and had to ask 4 times. I had a raw poached egg on my eggs Benedict and when I requested that I get another I only had an egg on toast delivered, not eggs Benedict. Our longest wait for food was 50 min. The buffet was very accessible and had adequate food, selection, and service. I will say the crew in the buffet area were very friendly and entertaining. Ther were many things to do aboard this ship almost too much to choose from. I played mini golf and went on all four slides. We played basketball and dodgeball, rock climbing, swam in the saltwater pool and soaked in the (Luke warm at best) hot tubs. I very much enjoyed the shows on board the talent was amazing. I was entranced by the dancers at "burn the floor". And envious of the talent and flexibility of the circ de Soleil. I probably spelled that wrong. My son and nephew had the drink package. my nephew was accused several times of not being of age and my son was harassed for getting too many drinks. They told me the drinks that were made were inconsistent at different bar stations. The night life was decent with a veriaty of options. I was surprised that all the bars close on the ship but not upset. It was nice that oh Shanahans was available for late night snacks. There was beautiful art to see and bid on. And the chandelier was beautiful. The casino was well staffed and very accessible. The service desk was quick and informative. Being my first cruise I got lost quite a few times. But once i found out the fish on the carpet pointed towards my room it helped. I am a smoker and I did not enjoy having to fight for a spot to enjoy a smoke in the box that was provided or on deck 16 where the seating was very limited and policed. At our ports disembarking was not explained but we figured it out and it went well. There were many excursions offered but we found it cheaper and more interesting to find our own. Reboarding the ship was quick and efficient. It was very helpful that they had wheelchairs and people who pushed them available for my mom and aunt. The weather was nice almost the whole trip. The ship was clean. As all vacations do it came to an end too quickly. Leaving the ship was quite a bit quicker than boarding. I am not saying that I did not enjoy my trip because I make the best out of every opportunity. I will have memories for the rest of my life. But I might try another line in the future.

My first cruise ever, not so impressed

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by AmandaHardwick

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Family Inside Stateroom
AmandaHardwick’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Family Inside Stateroom
Cabin I1
Very small for 4 people. 65, 60, 38, and 42 only 1 person could move at a time. It was kept very clean by staff. Although it was dusty on the top bunks where I slept.
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins