Things that were done right:
1. Staff from the top to the bottom were great. Friendly, fun, and helpful
2. Embarkation was smooth as butter. Wouldn't change a thing!
3. Loved the modern (but not ultra-modern) decor.
4. Always felt safe on the ship
5. Stateroom (balcony) was just right. Not too small and the bathroom was excellent.
6. Leaving and returning to ship on ports days was smooth
7. Atmosphere on the ship was calm and relaxing. No one lost their s***.
8. Easy to navigate ship because of signage.
9. Waterfront deck on deck 8 was my favourite location.
Things that needed improvement:
1. Food at complimentary restaurants was average and rarely changed. The same menu day in and day out for the most part. Nothing excited me in the buffet.
2. There needs to be a snack joint on the ship other than the local that serves things like pizza, fries, donuts, coffee, etc during the transition times when restaurants are closed.
3. Inconsistent restaurant scheduling. All restaurants need to have a FIXED opening time to avoid confusion. The buffet should always open at 6:30 for breakfast and not flip flop depending on port/sea days.
4. The gym should be open 5 AM as many would like to get that done with early and to avoid larger crowds.
5. Internet access using the 250 minute plan was confusing for many (you have to logon and logoff). Sometimes, it said you were logged off and it continued to use minutes. I lost 98 minutes because of this. :(
6. I can't hear the Captain or Cruise director over the PA system in public areas. They need to increase volume or change the speaker system.
7. Inconsistent meal quality in the main dining room. Some meals were simply not good. When ordering a steak, the usually undercooked the meat.
8. Debarkation (at least in NY) was slow and tedious. Better to self-assist walk off and get a cab to the airport.
9. More strictly enforce hand washing at the buffet to avoid spread of GI infection (which happened on this sailing).
10. Some shore excursions were simply bus tours to shopping areas and not really historical/cultural as advertised (Cartagena/Santa Marta)
11. The Bliss theatre seating wasn't very comfortable as it slopes downwatd. The ambience is akin to a local movie theatre in the nineties. Could be more glamourous.
12. I would love to have people speak about the history/culture of every port we visit in a lecture style format
13. The go-karts were too regulated. You couldn't really get up to speed for long periods of time without the staff slowing us remotely. Only 10 minutes of racing and 20 minutes of prep.
14. Fabric on Atrium seats needs replacement. Obvious wear and tear for such a new ship.
15. This is difficult to change, but there is no open air forward facing deck for standard passengers. Only Haven guests get that. The observation lounge in nice but nothing beats being out in the open.
Great, except that the beds sometimes separate and you can feel the middle opening when sleeping. Washroom was spacious. Always kept clean.