• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Insignia Review

Editor Rating
19 Awards

So disappointing!! Never again!!!

Review for Insignia to the Caribbean
eric33
10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Nov 2019
Cabin: Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom

First off we are loyal Holland America customers. On average spend about four months a year on Holland. But the food quality has been slipping so bad we thought let's try another cruise line. Oceania claims to be the best food at sea. So it seemed like an obvious choice!

First off is the ship itself. Honestly, they have done an amazing job refurbishing the ship and it is truly gorgeous. The interior design is a real wow! Everything they use from the dishes to silverware to glassware is of high quality. The cruise line didn't seem to cut any corners when it came to the actual ship and hard finishes. The ship is small but has everything one needs.

The staff does not match the quality of the ship. Overall I felt the staff was cold and distant. Nobody seemed to have a clue about what they were doing. Service in the dining room was scattered and always in a panic. No coffee refills, the time between courses was completely inconsistent and cold food!! It was like nobody there had ever worked in fine dining before. Throughout the ship, I wouldn't say I ever felt welcome or attended to. Ignored most of the time on purpose. Poolside nobody ever helped you, offered a drink or even bothered to acknowledge your existence. Our room attendant never knew our name and barely ever even greeted us. When she did, it was obviously painful. Over the course of one week, I was never once acknowledged by name by anyone. On Holland your room attendants always greet you by name, the dining room manager always knows your name and cabin number.

Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom

The concierge level is a complete joke. Aside from a rear balcony not sure what else we got. The alleged private spa pool everyone just walks in and uses. Not private or VIP. There was no concierge lounge.

The room was honestly one of the smallest we have ever stayed in. The shower is so narrow and tiny I took most of my showers in the mens locker room as you cannot literally move in the cabin shower. The room has no flowers or fresh fruit. Again concierge is a complete waste of money!!

Port Reviews

Harvest Caye

Huge Norwegian ship was docked so the island was completely overrun. There was nowhere to sit!!

16 Helpful Votes