Pacific Dawn Cruise Review

Very disappointed

Pacific Dawn Cruise Review by disnails

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: the South Pacific

We have sailed 2X with Pacific Aria and now did our second trip with the Dawn due to the kids section as we took our son and his family with us which made it their 1st cruise and our 4th cruise. Needless to say the kids play area was too cold for the kids so there were hardly any kids in there, the main pool was very dangerous as it just went down so he couldn't swim in there as hot tubs just too hot but you could have up to 12 kids in it at anytime.There was hardly any entertainment for the little kids.

They only had 2 waiters on top so you had dirty plates and glasses sitting there for hours, no waiters to come and take your drink orders unlike the 1st time. The Aria was on top of their game on that one at all time. Plus the Aria has 3 free restaurants as to only 1 on the Dawn.

The Aria Pantry also had more selection as oppose to the Dawn pantry. The waterfront restaurant, I will give our waiter Khaled for table 4 10 out of 10 as not only was he entertaining with my grandson, but alway very polite and helpful. The whole ship could have done with more of him.

The entertainment fell down badly. I would rate 2 out of 10.Not good at all.

I bought some inch of gold jewellery and when I got home, found that I was given a dodgy clasp that didn't open or close.Won't make that mistake again. The staff although tried to be happy, you could see they were very tired which was sad to see.

Needless to say my son and family will never cruise again and we will never cruise the Dawn again. If I could get my money back I would as I paid for all 5 of us. We like to go every 6 month so it will be the Aria until the new port is open with more ships on offer.

disnails's Full Rating Summary

The cabin crew were excellent, always friendly and made it the goal to remember our names which was a nice touch, cabin was always clean and dirty towels removed and replaced.

Port Vila

Apart from the rain and getting through the taxis, it was very nice, even going to turtle cove which wasn't expensive and worth the visit, the blue lagoon and waterfalls were over priced for what was on offer.

Lifou

We went to the beach and snorkelled with the turtles. Great experience, great clear beach. Would have liked more time to explore. Highly recommend the visit.

Noumea

We went on the hop on hop off bus and the crew said we can get on and off anywhere, but this information was wrong and we could have missed the ship as they would not let us on due the colour of our tags, They are not very friendly to tourist nor helpful but are also expensive. I would have like to have had a bit more time to swim but not fussed. Not a place I would be in a hurry to visit again. Mare was a delightful island that we visited and it was amazing. Don't forget you goggles and snorkel. Well worth a visit.

Brisbane

Lifou, Mare and Port Villa are well worth a visit. Highly recommend.

Noumea I wouldn't waste my time or money with again.

disnails