3. Viking Sigyn
We had a day in Heidelberg that we were out from 10:00 to 3:30. We came in from the very cold day to a lunch of hot soup and finger sandwiches. I arrived about 3:35 and there were many still behind me. They were only serving one type of soup and when I got there they told me with no apology whatsoever that they were out of soup. I have been on at least 14 cruises on 4 different lines and I’ve never heard sorry, we’re out. The wait and bar service was mediocre. The cocktails were very inconsistent, I don’t think the bartenders were trained. the drink list was old fashioned and limited. One server grabbed my Cosmo before I was finished and put a napkin in it. When I said I was still drinking it he removed the napkin and handed it back. I wish I could say I was kidding. Shipboard entertainment was very weak. A piano player, a local choir, decorating the Christmas tree. Really, we decorate Your tree for you? The optional excursion that we did was disappointing. We paid $79 for an average meal at a German Restaurant. There was partying and an “oompah band” promised but the band did not even have a tuba. I don’t consider “Margaritaville” traditional German music. What was good: Not packing and unpacking, the stops. The included tours were actually good and they offered a more relaxed pace option for those who wanted it and the guides were good. Overall I would choose Tauck for a better experience.

Out of soup?

Viking Sigyn Cruise Review by CPA aces

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: French Balcony

What was good:

Not packing and unpacking, the stops.

Overall I would choose Tauck for a better experience.
CPA aces’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sigyn price drops

French Balcony
Cabin D
Cabin was very small with little room to move around. There was no room to sit besides on the bed. The bathroom was adequate.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins