Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by SoloistPro

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: the Panama Canal & Central America
  • Cabin Type: Studio Stateroom

I personally love all kinds of infrastructure. The Panama Canal has been in my bucket list for quite sometimes. Going for 21 days, coast to coast and through the Panama Canal locks, this is probably the best cruise in my opinion. The price was right. The ports of call were amazing. Since I knew most of the restaurant and bar staff on this ship from my last cruise to Alaska in May, my cruise went great and pleasant. We greeted each other like old friends. I was traveling alone and in a studio cabin. I have to say that this cabin is just right for me. It's so functional and comfortable. I wish I could take the bed home with me because it was so comfortable. My room attendant Ms. Chen was very accommodating. She works around my schedule because I sleep in until late afternoon. The front desk staff Mr. Jumphot was very competent. The 3 main dining rooms staff trying their best to seat everyone though the wait is long. The food was great and worth the wait. The bars staff were cheery and happy. My shore excursions were fabulous. If you are going this cruise, make sure you sign up for the excursion especially for Catagena and Antigua, Guatemala, you won't regret it. But sign up early because these two are the most popular tours and it filling up real quick. I didn't go to any of the shows because it was the repeat from my last Alaska cruise. But I truely enjoyed the live bands on this ship, The Familiar Stranger which is the island band from the Carribean and Siglo the band which everybody loves.

SoloistPro's Full Rating Summary

Studio Stateroom

Corner room next to entrance to studio hall but further away from the elevators so hardly anyone using this door at all. Nice and peaceful. Very functional and comfortable room.

Puerto Quetzal (Antigua)

This old city of Antigua is a must see. When there it really feels like you're travelling back in time. The bus ride from port is quite long an hour and a half but once you get to the place you will forget it all about that long ride you just had.

Castillo de San Felipe de Barajas

Catagena is a charming city. I love the architecture of the place. Make sure you go ashore on your own or the best way to see it and to learn about the place is to sign up for an excursion.

View All 48 Castillo de San Felipe de Barajas Reviews
Palacio de la Inquisicion

The tour guide Mr. Elkin was a funny man, very knowledgeable and insightful. This port is not to be missed.

View All 16 Palacio de la Inquisicion Reviews
Aruba

The best way see all wsy around the island.

Cave Tour

After the cave ,we headed back into town and continue with the walking tour. I really enjoyed Willemstad and our tour guide lady, Jacqueline and the people there is so nice and pleasant. I'm sure planning to go back to Curacao again.

View All 81 Cave Tour Reviews