Viking Sea Cruise Review

Holiday of a life time!

Viking Sea Cruise Review by SwedishViking

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: the Caribbean

I had already cruised once before, 30 years ago and loved it. My husband had never cruised and wanted to "give it a try".

He was over the moon and thoroghly enjoyed it and so did I. Absolutely amazing! Beautiful ship with so much space everywhere. Wonderful food and so many restaurants to choose from.

Great excursions, although a couple of them not quite what we had expected and not really for us. But you learn as you live. Cruising the Caribbean, excursions on the water including swimming and snorkeling are definitely to prefer to any land excursions; mainly due to the very humid and hot weather we had.

We met many very nice people and have now made friends for life.

Very much enjoyed the musical shows in the evenings, very good quality and so entertaining.

If I can make one remark: the air-condioning inside the ship was too much and we found it very cold everywhere. Not ideal when it's very hot outside. A shawl or jacket was definitely needed in the evening in the restaurants, well as far as I was concerned.

We got a cabin upgrade just before leaving so had a most wonderful cabin with so much space and beautiful balcony (we had an Explorer Suite at the front of the ship).

The housekeeping staff were absolutely wonderful and so friendly and helpful. In fact all staff on the ship were great! We enjoyed this cruise so much we have already booked another one, with Viking!

SwedishViking's Full Rating Summary

The most wonderful cabin: spacy, bright and very nicely furnished. Incredible bathroom! Great balcony with sun loungers, table and 4 chairs, all in wood.

San Juan

Had nice walk around the city and visited the very interesting fort. The Caribe Hilton resort was very nice with beautiful pools and beach.

Beautiful views from the bus. Bus ride a bit uncumfortable though.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Catamaran Tour

The sail on the catamaran, however, was great! Nice views, cool and refreshing.

View All 128 Catamaran Tour Reviews
Scenic Railway

Railway bit was not very nice. Uncomfortably ride, very noisy and views rather uninteresting to us.

View All 303 Scenic Railway Reviews
Catamaran Day Sail

Absolutely great! Beautiful views, nice crew, nice people on board, great swim. Absolutely worthwhile!

View All 87 Catamaran Day Sail Reviews
Cave Tour

Very interesting and great spectacle. Very nice guides. Definitely worth a visit!

View All 22 Cave Tour Reviews
Dominica

Ventured out from the ship and did the small markets just down in the harbour. The heat and humidity made us go back to the ship very quickly.

Had a very relaxing day on the ship. Visited the incredible SPA, absolutely beautiful. Even went in the "snow grotto", great thing!

Jeep Safari Tour

It was the "Off Road 4x4 Buggy" tour. Absolutely HORRIBLE! This tour is meant for people below 40 or at least 50 years. My husband is very tall so had problems driving it because he was squashed in the seat. Myself, I was too short so really see out the front due to the dirty windscreen being straight in front of me. The ride is extremely uncomfortable with hard suspension and very noisy. On top of it, you get terribly muddy and wet going through all the puddles (OK it had rained much before our outing and it rained during it). As soon as we sat down in the buggy, we regretted our choice. The beach where we stopped for a drink was very pretty though. But all in all, a totally wasted excursion for my husband and myself!!

View All 19 Jeep Safari Tour Reviews
Snorkeling

Very nice tour. Beautiful views. Interesting to see the planes land on the small airport by the beach. The snorkeling was good but I have seen more colourful fish elsewhere in the world. However, it was amazing swimming among all these fish and to see everything at the bottom of the ocean. We were very happy with our outing!

View All 151 Snorkeling Reviews
St. Thomas

As it was our last day, we needed time to pack and simply relax. Visited the harbour area of St Thomas and did some shopping for gifts. Then just enjoyed the ship's facilities including massage for myself, very nice!

SwedishViking