3. Norwegian Gem
The people working on the ship really made our experience a positive one! They were all so kind and cheerful and everyone knew our names (especially Patrick, Altheena, Rechelle, lady from St. Lucia, lady from South Africa, Chinese ladies, etc). They were the best part of the cruise! The girls in the Spa were so friendly (Sumi, Thiang, Pauline, Katazyna, etc!) and the ladies working in the Splash Academy were amazing with the children especially Rainbow and Brazilian girl). The fresh crapes with Nutella every night made by Patrick were our favorite part of the food on board! I would suggest an upgrade in food including more fresh fish options. By the end of the cruise we felt like we couldn't bear another meal onboard so we definitely would have enjoyed the food more if there were fresh fish. Maybe less options but more freshness. Lastly painting maintenance shouldn't be done when passengers are aboard the ship. I got a horrible headache because of the paint fumes and my children were complaining too of the smell. When we complained of the smell they came and changed the HVAC filter in our room and it was like black soot. I heard another lady on board say that she had been coughing the whole time she was onboard and it stopped when she was off the boat. Maybe that was why... Overall a positive experience thanks to the crew!

Wonderful crew!

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by linconalf122

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony

Overall a positive experience thanks to the crew!
linconalf122’s Full Rating Summary
Ages Under 3
Ages 3 to 6
Get Norwegian Gem price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA
We loved our room with a private balcony! The room steward was excellent. The air conditioning vents were very dirty so I would suggest cleaning them more often and the smell of paint was horrible because they were constantly painting the ship. I would suggest not painting the ship while guests are on board. We had to change our room because of the paint smell.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins