3. Norwegian Star
We found out two days before the cruise that we were not going to two of the destinations at all and all of the other port times have been altered considerably to be shorter due to a mechanical problem with our ship. Doesn’t exactly inspire confidence in the safety of the boat. No offer to reschedule or change to another cruise which we couldn’t do anyway because when we found out we were already in Europe. We did not get to go to Santorini at all which is one of the main reasons we chose the cruise. Montenegro was also skipped. Once we were on board we found out that time in all of the other ports were shortened as well. When we arrived at our state room we found two beds pushed together to be a king which was fine unfortunately the two were different heights by about 6 inches making sleeping in the bed very difficult as there was a cliff in the middle. when we spoke to our cabin person he said there was nothing he could do the next day we also found out or shower was broken so that the only way you could shower was to hold the hat as the bracket could not hold the shower wand and the towel bar was broken. Both things remain broken for our entire 12 trip. Whatever the problem with the ship was mechanically it made our trip horribly rough many people were seasick. We arrived late at almost every port so we barely got any time ashore and the excursions we paid for were there for shorter but the cost was not reduced. The only compensation we received for our trip not being the trip that we paid for by far was a $50 a person non-refundable credit that we could use only on the ship. The food was of poor quality but the worst was the final night of the trip when we went to what we thought was going to be our 45th anniversary dinner in the main dining room. We sat and ordered received our appetizer and then waited for over an hour our waiter disappeared and we finally got up to complain when the person in charge came over to us and told us my husband steak was taking a while to cook. I told him that if the state had been cooking for one hour it wasn’t going to be edible. We then left he came to us in the buffet where our dinner consisted of a dried out prune danish and some ice cream that I had to go under on the closed rope to get ( all of the food lines were closed even though it was earlier than the time that they were supposed to close) at least half an hour later and told us our dinner was now done. Unfortunately the restaurant was closed so I guess we were supposed to go and get it and eat it in our cabin I don’t know because by then we told him we didn’t want the dinner Unfortunately the restaurant was closed so I guess we were supposed to go and get it and eat it in our cabin I don’t know because by then we told him we didn’t want the dinner. 45th anniversary trip was ruined by this cruise line and the horrible treatment we received. When we went to complain we had to return three times to do so......With one reason after another that we couldn’t even file a complaint. he finally insisted and was given a number and told the only thing I could do was complain after the cruise which I intend to do. Horrible customer service we had to wait over an hour while he typed up a complaint form, and in the meantime did several other things and made us wait.

Lies, misrepresentation of cruise destinations, poor food, awful stateroom

Norwegian Star Cruise Review by peck16

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Inside
peck16’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Star price drops

Inside
Cabin IF
Two beds pushed together were two different heights by 6 inches resulting in a cliff in the middle of the bed. Shower wand was broken so that you had to hold it in order to shower with one hand while trying to wash with the other broken towel bar none of these things were ever fixed even though we brought it to the cabin person’s attention more than once
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins