3. Viking Sky
My favorite example of the superiority of the Viking ocean experience is the buffet, called World Cafe. On other cruises I hated going to the buffet. No matter the line, I found the buffets chaotic and aggravating: noisy, confusing, and with second rate food. Not on Viking Sky. The World Cafe was a pleasure: pleasant, simply organized, and with food as good as the main restaurant! In general the experience on Viking Sky followed similar lines: pleasant, easy, and with excellent service. While Sky is a much smaller ship than others that I've been on, it still had smaller crowds and shorter lines, which really reduced the stress. It also helped that the staff were very accommodating, always going out of their way to make sure we were well taken care of. Even when we asked for an after-the-last-minute change in our tours, they made it happen. One "weakness" might be entertainment. It was heavy on history lectures (which I personally appreciated) but light on the song-and-dance variety. And there were no dazzling big shows. Viking Ocean far exceeded our expectations and we'll be looking for opportunities to travel with them again.

Even the buffet was excellent

Viking Sky Cruise Review by pat_harvey

pat_harvey’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sky price drops

At fist glance a typical balcony cabin. But the bathroom is the biggest I've ever had on a cruise with double sinks, a full-sized shower, and ample storage. And a heated floor: that's luxury. The bedroom is well appointed and has plenty of storage for clothes. The third deck location made it easy to reach most of the public areas with the exception of the buffet and pool, which are on deck 7.