• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Chirpbird
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Oct 2019
Cabin: Spa Balcony Stateroom

I've wanted to do a TransAtlantic cruise since I heard there was such a thing. And, this cruise's itinerary was awesome - do some European ports, check out England and Ireland, bop over to Ponta Delgada and then have some sea days.

The good: the staff that actually interacted with cruisers (e.g., servers, room stewards, bartenders, shop personnel, front desk people, spa hosts / providers) were all gracious and kind to me. My room steward was amazing, and I had a lot of fun talking with the other staff I interacted with. Cagney's and Ocean Blue were great, too. I enjoyed the European ports, but did not get off at Bahamas due to tendering. Halloween was a BLAST! If you can take a cruise over Halloween, I highly recommend you do so. Wasabi (sushi) and the Vodka (ice) bar were both a hoot, and offered me outstanding service. (I stayed in the Vodka bar for 1 hr and 20 mins. No-one else was in there.)

The meh: Starbucks and the Internet Cafe are basically part of the atrium. So, if say a movie is on at a VERY HIGH VOLUME, you can't have a conversation in Starbucks or have a quiet atmosphere in the Internet cafe.

Spa Balcony Stateroom

This balcony cabin has the bed next to the closet. This made it very difficult to actually get in to the closet. My sister and I were traveling, so we had the bed separated into twins. I couldn't get into the closet without sitting on her bed.

It's 2 or 3 cabins shy of the bridge. This location did not bother me at all. Our room steward was awesome!!

The itinerary and timing made it a virtually child-free cruise, and I was a 'youngster' since there were so many retirees on board.

Port Reviews

Miami

This was the US Customs port. Experience was miserable.

Copenhagen

Beautiful city! Arrive early so you can enjoy your time, and not fret about flight delays due to bad weather.

Cobh (Cork)

We did a private excursion to Blarney Castle. Other than banging my head on the caverns, this was a beautiful stop

Find a Norwegian Getaway Cruise from $429