3. Insignia
We chose this as an add on cruise after going transatlantic on celebrity silhouette which was great. We had been on Crystal in February and had been highly recommended Oceania by friends so We thought Wed try it and compare. Embarkation didn’t go smoothly as neither the travel agent or the cruise company let us know where they were leaving from and we were asking all up and down the docks and no one seemed to know. We booked an outside cabin and we felt it was tiny. Hard to get in and out of the shower. The entertainment was poor and they didn’t change the entertainers...citing, back by popular demand for the comedienne...we had already walked out of her first show. The best show was about the life and journey of the entertainment director. A member of staff in the little buffet beside the pool was extremely rude to us and we had missed breakfast so were a bit confused about getting something to eat. The food was our biggest complaint. One of us is dairy free , something most ships take in their stride, but this ship would wait till I was sitting at the table(and I filled in my menu 48 hours in advance) and tell me that almost everything I picked was not possible!!! Can’t be bothered more like. This ruined many mealtimes for me and I’ve never felt like that on Cunard celebrity or p and o...who will let me know way ahead if something can’t be done and recommend something else....finally I blew up but had to wait three hours before I could even speak to someone from pursers...not THE purser...who as I expected said sorry I’ll bring it up at the next meeting. I’ve had no written apology whatsoever or any further comments...not what you expect from this class of ship. Room service was great and 50% of restaurant staff okay...most don’t know basic things like checking if your food is okay and if it isn’t asking if they can get you something else...this happened when we both ordered lamb chops and couldn’t get them cut...so we went hungry.. Ports were caribean and the two tender days it took so long to get off we didn’t even bother. At night going for drinks the only music is in the piano bar but there are only about 30 seats so we could never get a seat so we would go upstairs and there was no music.

So disappointed in this cruise.

Insignia Cruise Review by HAZELF

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View (obstructed view)

The best show was about the life and journey of the entertainment director.

HAZELF’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Insignia price drops

Ocean View (obstructed view)
Cabin E
Cabin was a disappointment as it was very small. Bathroom tiny. Nice staff for keeping it ship shape though.
Deck 6 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins