Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by mhzbrown

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: the Panama Canal & Central America
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

We were on a 21 day cruise from LA to Manhattan. Jersey Boys was the best show I have ever seen on the water so that is definitely worth seeing.

Our balcony room was clean and comfortable. We got a bunch of the Free at Sea items. The free drinks really cost $19.80 per person per day but it was still worth it given we drank more than 2 drinks a day. The specialty restaurants were good but I was very disappointed that even at Ocean Blue (their Seafood Restaurant) lobster was a $25 up-charge. I was on Royal Caribbean in January 2019 and the entire ship had free lobster in the main dining room. It felt like a slap in the face the NCL charged $25 in the specialty restaurant and lobster was never available in the main dining rooms. We were with another couple and it was disappointing that our waiters rarely knew who order what. The 24/7 "Local" restaurant was very nice, good food, even Buffalo Chicken wings.

I wish I had known I could get a bag of laundry washed during the cruise for $20, I would have packed a lot less.

I wish I would have known that the flights booked by NCL for me would not be known until about 30 days before the cruise and that even though we booked with people leaving from the same airport, that we would be on different flights. There were major issues with the transfer from LAX to the ship, it was very stressful, in the end NCL made it right.

The price of the cruise dropped $200 per person after we booked, I specifically booked via NCL and was told they would honor any price drop ONCE. That was not the case, instead of giving us $400, we were given a $100 on board credit.

I assumed we would be able to text each other and the other couple for free while on the ship. Nope, that is an up-charge on NCL. In the end we didn't bother. The 250 free minutes of WiFi was nice other than the WiFi on the ship was very slow (

mhzbrown's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom

This was a great room because the balcony was about 25% bigger as a part of it stuck out further than the balconies toward the front of the ship. This allowed us to see forward very well which came in handy when we sailed through the Panama Canal

mhzbrown