Westerdam Cruise Review

Westerdam Cruise Review by crusty guy

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Standard Interior Stateroom

I choose this cruise for one reason only the ports of call, I was excited to get guided tours around, no thinking, no getting lost but after the third terrible excursion, I cancelled the rest of them. Cruise Asia is a terrible provider of excursions and does not even give a bottle of water all day. (note average age of traveler is 65+ and the hottest ports of call in the world)

The literature of the excursions were lies in comparison to actual trips, plus the time given for each area of interest was ridiculously short. If you needed a restroom you missed it.

I found the ship tired, the food tired, and I appreciate the hard working men and women on the ship but they were tired too.

My cabin had wallpaper peeling off and the carpet was just gross. It was a inside cabin and i found it lacking any amenities outside the bathroom. I did not go to watch TV but found that lacking as well.

Dining room was ok and you were shuffled in quickly to a table but after that it was just slow. The food was good tasting but always seemed it was heat lamped for way too long. Also if you had a drink package good luck getting your drink before food. I just had the "coke" drink package and usually just drank water during dinner.

I was a solo traveler and found that cruise ships are not made for people like me. I was never offered a incentive, felt like trying to participate was impeditive.

crusty guy's Full Rating Summary

Standard Interior Stateroom

The room was not bad, just tired with older lights decor and little amenities

Hong Kong

Due to the unrest I did not spend time here.

Halong Bay

The bay is beautiful and best seen by boat, but the caves were run down and was not worth the time. I would independently book a boat excursion here.

View All 65 Halong Bay Reviews
Da Nang

wish I could tell you about it but got sick on ship food.

Nha Trang

I went exploring on my own, Its not hard to do, just went to the "main street" walked around had some excellent food.

Sihanoukville

This is the most dilapidated place on the ports of call. hired a driver did a lap of the area ate some good crab. This is the 3rd world. This is a place to miss.

Bangkok (Laem Chabang)

Went to Pattaya both days there. Just go to walking street head back towards the beach and adventure will find you. Also recommend going to the easykart track.

Koh Samui

This is a sleepy island with the best feel of Thailand. Wish we spent more time here. You can find beauty, adventure, and a perfect cafe here.

crusty guy