3. Westerdam
I choose this cruise for one reason only the ports of call, I was excited to get guided tours around, no thinking, no getting lost but after the third terrible excursion, I cancelled the rest of them. Cruise Asia is a terrible provider of excursions and does not even give a bottle of water all day. (note average age of traveler is 65+ and the hottest ports of call in the world) The literature of the excursions were lies in comparison to actual trips, plus the time given for each area of interest was ridiculously short. If you needed a restroom you missed it. I found the ship tired, the food tired, and I appreciate the hard working men and women on the ship but they were tired too. My cabin had wallpaper peeling off and the carpet was just gross. It was a inside cabin and i found it lacking any amenities outside the bathroom. I did not go to watch TV but found that lacking as well. Dining room was ok and you were shuffled in quickly to a table but after that it was just slow. The food was good tasting but always seemed it was heat lamped for way too long. Also if you had a drink package good luck getting your drink before food. I just had the "coke" drink package and usually just drank water during dinner. I was a solo traveler and found that cruise ships are not made for people like me. I was never offered a incentive, felt like trying to participate was impeditive.

Great ports of call, OK staff, Terrible ship

crusty guy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Westerdam price drops

Standard Interior Stateroom
Cabin N
The room was not bad, just tired with older lights decor and little amenities
Upper Promenade Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins