Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by D/J

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: the Panama Canal & Central America
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

The Panama Canal was on my bucket list and when I was looking for a cruise that interested me I came across this one. I booked on impulse in 5 minutes. I was able to get off work, etc. So fate allowed us to go.

Fantastic. We enjoyed the ports, the ship, food, everything. Good luck at the casino. Friendly group of passengers. Fantastic cruise staff.

Went on a Luxury day sail and Snorkle in Cabo San Lucas and a Textile of the Highlands in Guatemala. Both were wonderful. I would recommend both excursions. Eco canoe in Columbia was boring, hot and we saw nothing worth seeing. We did several city tours that were nice, but not out of the ordinary. They were good for passengers with limited abilities to walk, etc like my mom who traveled with me. She is 80. The hike in Santa Marta was fun (I went without mom). The waterfall was nice and the swimming refreshing. The description needs to say you would walk in lots of water and should wear swimsuit and watershoes.

Very good cruise. I would go again. It will be hard to go a shorter length of time. If you can swing the time off work, try a long cruise. I know I loved the time. I was allowed to unwind and relax. No pressure to do everthing in a week. Very rejuvinating.

D/J's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom

Small, but very clean. Our room steward was Claudia. She was great and always spoke to us about the ports we were going to and gave us a few tips. Storage is tight, but we take a lot of stuff (too much). I would like some drawers. Comfortable bed, good pillows ( not hard which gives me headaches), nice sheets and comforter. I take my own shampoo and conditioner because I don't like the all in one stuff in the dispenser. I had it before on other NCL ships. This was our 4th NCL cruise.

Mazatlan

We walked into the port terminal and booked a 3 hour tour with a local company. The waterfront was beautiful. Blue waters, interesting statues. No shopping. Yea!

Acapulco

Good. Very daring of them. We did the express excursion.

Mangrove Eco Canoe Journey

Ick! Boring. The canoe was VERY TIPPY and uncomfortable. I have been canoeing many times in the US but never in anything like this canoe. Our guide was good and informative driving there and back to the ship, but the actual excursion was awful. We saw nothing. I thought we would see wildlife or conservation programs, something, but there was nothing but a trail cut thru the mongroves. We saw small crabs and a spider. Do not bother with this excursion.

View All 16 Mangrove Eco Canoe Journey Reviews
Santa Marta

Went on a hike to a waterfall that was wonderful. I would recommend going. Wear swimsuit and water shoes.

The port was industrial. Lots of cargo. Outside the port were slums. Lots of garbage, bad housing, etc. I would only take a tour from the ship. I would not go on my own.

Aruba

Clean and easy to walk streets. No street vendors attacking you. It was sunday and most stores were closed, but some were open. We had been here before.

Curacao

Charming. The buildings were painted with many different colors. We felt safe. We just walked around for a while.

St. Maarten

We have been here many times. This was my least favorite visit. High pressure sales. The water taxi dropped us at a dock farther down and the area was not desirable to us. It was still beat up from the hurricaine I think. We went back to the ship early.

City Tour

Nice. Coast line was beautiful. Lots of statues, etc. Too much shopping time. We had an inconsiderate woman who did not return to the van at the designated time and wasted OUR time. We had to wait a lot for her. I think we should have left her to get a taxi back to the ship.

View All 71 City Tour Reviews