3. Liberty of the Seas
This was our first cruise on Liberty, but to date we’ve been on 30+ cruises. Came to the port a little before 11:00 to make sure we could get in the nearby parking at Cruise Park with no issues. We had reserved the parking in advance (required) and they are only open on Sundays (https://www.webreserv.com/cruiseparktx). They do not offer shuttle service, so I was dropped at the port first with the luggage and my husband went to park. We were told that 11:00 -12:00 was the busiest time to arrive, but we were on the ship within 10 minutes. However, we would not be able to access our cabin until 1:00 pm. We went up to the Windjammer and had a leisurely lunch and had no problems with finding a free table. Our cabin was an inside one on Deck 8 with a window overlooking the Promenade. We were surprised at how spacious the room was as it included a window couch and a love seat. Lots of storage around the cabin behind the desk mirrors and those in the bathroom. The only thing lacking was hangers, which our cabin attendant quickly supplied. The cabin carpet and sofas looked a bit worn and the toilet had a constant gray ring around the bowl. The bathroom shower capsule is definitely one of the smallest we’ve ever seen on a cruise ship and it only including one all purpose soap dispenser as body wash, shampoo, and conditioner. However, our cabin attendant got us tubes of shampoo and condition when we made the request. This is one of the largest ships we’ve been on (yes, we know there are substantially larger ships). We usually cruise with passenger counts under 1500. Since Liberty has ship overviews on the walls throughout the decks it made it easy to know where you were going. We did not go to any of the specialty restaurants as we were content with the Windjammer and the MDR where we had “My Time” dining. Other than the first night we had no issues with getting a table for 2 except for the first night. The biggest problem here was getting food served hot. We actually sent two entrees back as they were barely lukewarm. They tried to get better but had mixed results. Best entrée was the Braised Short Ribs – that would rival the option on most fine dining establishments on land. We got to be friends with the sous chef and he was very accommodating to our wishes and suggestions. The knockout meal here was the last night’s seafood buffet with hot and cold offerings. I know they had other options, but those offerings were enough for me. The other surprise was the 6 foot beautifully decorated cake display that looked too beautiful to eat, but we did! Saw all the shows and enjoyed them. Liked one comedian more than the other – but that’s personal taste. Loved the aerial show in the main theater and the ice-skating show and will make time to see it again on our next cruise. Was not a fan of the Saturday Night show. The Casino was smoky as usual, so we hurried through it. At most it was about 40% full at any time. Enjoyed the shows along the promenade deck. Saw the first one from our cabin, but couldn’t hear it so the next ones we went down to the promenade. The ship’s singers and dances are energetic and give their all. Love the ship’s orchestra, too and enjoyed their one jazz show in the Star Lounge. Also enjoyed the “Finish the song line” at On Air. Surprised at how many would sing out the answers in the back, but wouldn’t come forward to sing. Only played one Bingo round as the least expensive play was $49. For $69 you could play on a tablet that would electronically automatically mark the numbers for you. Other bingo’s I’ve been to on other ships the caller made jokes along the way about the numbers, but here it was serious. Won a bingo shirt which I was told would provide me with one free bingo jackpot card – but it could only be used with a full purchase. The only excursion we did through the ship was Stingray City and Starfish cove tour. Started with a 10-minute bus ride to the boat. It took 40 minutes for our boat to get out to the sandbar, which we joined with about 60 others. Stayed there about 35 minutes and then rode another 10-15 minutes to a cove where we saw 5 starfish. We left the ship at 11:00 and returned at 4:00 – no snacks offered, just water. Swimming with the stingrays was fun, but I’d check out other options and reviews over choosing this one if I could do it again at another port. We did a few treatments in the spa and I have a copy of the current rate sheet if anyone would like to see it. Liked the treatment but we had to remind them of our diamond benefits as they tried to exclude them. However, that was easily remedied when I requested to speak with the spa supervisor. Had breakfast in the MDR on debarkation day with a limited menu and they were out of one or two items. A bit disappointing for the final meal. However, debarkation was quick as can be. We enjoyed our cruise and have already booked the ship again.

Ready to Go Again

Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by chrismch

We enjoyed our cruise and have already booked the ship again.
chrismch’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 4V
We chose an inside stateroom that was mid-ship and was surprised how roomy it felt. Didn't even fill up the drawer space. Might have been different with a much longer cruise. Having the bed with rounded corners makes a big difference for getting around the room. The bed had a slight pillow top or a mattress topper, which helped to make for a comfortable sleep even though we sleep on a memory foam mattress at home. The only thing small was the bathroom. Not a fan of the shampoo/conditioner, but brought my own as I knew that combination leaves my hair a tangled mess. We also love how the rooms are pitch-black at night and we needed daily wake-up calls so we didn't oversleep!
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Star Fish Point
    The only excursion we did through the ship was Stingray City and Starfish cove tour. Started with a 10-minute bus ride to the boat. It took 40 minutes for our boat to get out to the sandbar, which we joined with about 60 others. Stayed there about 35 minutes and then rode another 10-15 minutes to a cove where we saw 5 starfish. We left the ship at 11:00 and returned at 4:00 no snacks offered, just water.
    Swimming with the stingrays was fun, but Id check out other options and reviews over choosing this one if I could do it again at another port.
    View All 26 Star Fish Point Reviews