Riviera Cruise Review

Riviera Cruise Review by marjtaylor

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: the Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Level

This was our first Oceania cruise and it sure was more than my husband and and I expected - it was fantastic. The ship, Riveria, was a nice size, small with lots of amenities. Our concierge suite was small, but offered lots of storage, drawers and shelves.

The speciality restaurants were great, with Jacques being my hands down favorite.

The shows were fun with talented singers and dancers. We did not see much of the comedian or ventriloquist, but heard they were good.

We booked a cooking class on one of the sea days. Excellent, excellent, excellent chef instructor with delish recipes that these two non-cooks nailed!

I found my artistic side with the very talented artist in residence W. Andre Allen. What fun painting a glass plate using his contemporary pouring technique way, this 3 day class was free.

Also free was the Coffee and Needlepoint group projects. I took home a great zippered makeup bag.

The service on the service was OUTSTANDING. I cant say enough about the wonderful staff and crew. Everyone was happy, helpful and delighted to make everyones trip great.

We purchased the unlimited shore excursions but did not get more than one in per day. My favorite was sailing in St. Barths - fabulous beaches and we lucked out with the perfect sailing day. My husband liked the cave exploration in Dominican Republic, it was pretty cool.

I did not see any children on the ship, maybe because it was the week before Thanksgiving and school was in. Most of the passengers were retired, well traveled and from all over the world. We met some fascinating people and had a fantastic time.

We definitely look forward to cruising with Oceania again soon.

marjtaylor's Full Rating Summary

Concierge Level

Nil our steward was fantastic. The location is close to the aft elevators and easy to get to just about everything. There is a lot of drawers and shelves to hold all your stuff.

San Juan

Interesting to learn about the Bacardi family and how the rum is made.

The same bus that took us to Bacardi took us down town and showed us the sites. Stopped at a fort - well with the climb to the top - views to die for!

View All undefined undefined Reviews
St. Maarten

The steepest zip line in the world. Breathtaking - exhilarating - great fun!

Antigua

Lobster and Champaign cruise - food delicious, lobster grilled right on board. Music, dancing, swimming, relaxing. Great day!

St. Lucia

I am scared of heights... I was both thrilled and terrified. It was great...8 different lines. It was a bit of a hike back to the gondolas after the zip.

Sailing

Beautiful views! Sailing around the island to a private beach where we anchored, to swim about and dive off the boat. Noodles were available. My husband and I swam to the beach, and took a walk looking for shells. Great day with lots of time left over for some fabulous shopping in town.

marjtaylor