3. Norwegian Joy
We liked this cruise for the itinerary and the ship. We are fans of the newer and larger ships. The crew were friendly and the ship very nice. But sadly we were on the ship with the Norovirus. I got the virus (for 5 days) inspite of vigorous hand washing and after we got home we both got a cold. But that happens and I was lucky that I did not require hospitalization like some did. Now the good, the bad, and the very very ugly. The good - the ship is amazing, the crew extremely pleasant and caring and our cabin steward Lizel was amazing. Fernando at the shore excursion desk was super friendly and helpful. Lobster is back using your speciality dining package plus a $19. upcharge The bad - missing - cookies, body lotion except if you're in concierge class or above, carving station in the buffet at lunch, music/dancing in the Manhattan Room, and along with seafood night (unless you want the fried sailor basket in the Local) Prime Rib night had also gone by the wayside. They substituted roast sirloin but you need to sharpen your teeth. Their complimentary menu has also slipped in quality and variety in my opinion. We could not stop in Striup Cay because of the weather, which - ok I understand this was due to safety reasons. But they did not add another port nor did they give compensation for the missed port. The very, very ugly - getting off in LA. ok so the ship contacted the Norovirus about 3 days prior to the end of the cruise. I recognize that they had a lot of work to do to get the ship ready for the next cruise but the manner in which they handled the disembarkation was unorganized and in my opinion very unsafe. They called the groups so fast that before our group 2 tour got out of the door they were calling for group 7. When we got to the luggage area there was toral chaos and it only got worse Lines to get out sprung up everywhere. There was no organization to it whatsoever. Our line got stopped from moving for over 2 hours as they let another line go and go and go. You wanted to switch lines but were afraid that they would halt the one moving once you got there. People were frustrated, yelling and getting angry. They called in the police and homeland security to maintain order. I felt unsafe. NCL staff just kept on saying this was not their fault it was caused by homeland security. That's rubbish. It was NCLs responsibility because they dumped us all out at the same time without giving any time for the group they previously called to exit the ship and baggage area. Ok. I understand they need to clean the ship but it should not have been at our expense and making us feel unsafe. I will never, ever use the port of LA again and if I ever, ever have another experience like this again on NCL they will lose a few Platinum cruisers. Our 9 a.m. tour did not leave until 11 30 (at least they waited) but our tour was cut short again with no compensation. I've been a pretty big fan of NCL but this experience has left a sour taste. I would recommend a Panama canal cruise because it was pretty amazing but I'd have reservations about the port of LA.

The good, the bad, and the very ugly

Norwegian Joy Cruise Review by Cutaqueen

Cutaqueen’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Joy price drops

Balcony
Cabin BD
The accessible cabin was magnificent and spacious and was easy for my husband to get around. Our cabin steward Lizel was the best we ever experienced in our 15+ cruises. She went over and above to assist us and provided great professional service. Kudos to her she helped make our cruise.
Deck 15 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins