3. Norwegian Dawn
I just took the “Norwegian Cruise Line Post Cruise Survey;” however, the survey is centerEd around positivity of the cruise in general. This was my first cruise experience with Norwegian and it was not bad; however, the Dawn needs TONS of improvements/enhancements. My girlfriend and I stayed in cabin # 9026. We used soooooooooo much toilet paper, because of the black sooty oily looking substance in our toilet. We didn’t want whatever it was to splash up on us. The toilet seat was so old, it was cracked, stained and no matter how much we cleaned it, it still smelled like old urine. Our friends had to use our safe, because they either had no safe or the safe did not work and had to be drilled open. Our cabin steward, Victor, was the highlight of the ship, as he always kept our room clean and tidy. Several folks missed the “White Hot Party,” as it was not listed in the Freestyle Daily. It was up on the pool deck. Blustery and cold. By Tuesday (November 12, 2019), the dining room had run out of grape jelly and began offering “sugar free” grape jelly. I never ate any pancakes or waffles, because the syrup (labeled as Maple Syrup), was just plain pancake syrup. Towards the end of the first week, we just left the Venetian alone. The food was bland and repeated nearly every day. The Garden Café had something for everyone. I have never abandoned a dining room on any ship, but The Venetian was not good. On the second day, I was turned away from The Venetian because I was wearing a velour jogging suit. When I came back and went to my table to join my friends, four (4) people had on jogging suits. Also, there was a man who wore his “Make America Great Again” T-Shirt and baseball cap. This can be more offensive than my jogging suit, to many diners. He also was allowed to wear it several times in the dining room. I just sat down and ordered my food. On Thursday (November 21, 2019), the Garden Café had run out of coffee, during breakfast. Guests were complaining and then it became and emergency to refill the coffee machines. I forgot what day it was, when a young lady on one of the lines, in The Garden Café, dropped bowls and then placed them back on top of the other bowls. My friend couldn’t stand it and went up to tell her. The supervisor made her remove them, but they still were the wrong bowls, that she removed. No care, nor concern, because of their culture. Nothing is nasty. On Friday (November 22, 2019), seafood appeared in The Garden Café. Everyone was so surprised. There was no shrimp or mussels, during the entire cruise. On Saturday (November 23, 2029) clams appeared in The Garden Café. The tender process was also a disaster. Instead of making an announcement regarding delays in the tender process, they allowed people to just jam the walkways and to create an overcrowded Stardust Lounge. We’d booked private tours and were happy that our tour guides were still waiting for us. I thought the $50 Bingo was a joke, but found out that if I wanted to play, I had to pay. I had researched the ship and read that it was an older ship, but I will not make this mistake again, because you don’t know what you’re getting when booking with an older ship.

The Norwegian Dawn

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by heavydcleveland

On Saturday (November 23, 2029) clams appeared in The Garden Café.

heavydcleveland’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC
We were lucky to have a working safe. Victor kept our spot clean and tidy. The door to the balcony weighed a ton and was hard to open and close.

I still could not get over the black oily soot in our toilet. We probably used 7 rolls of toilet paper or more.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins