3. Island Princess
I was a little nervous about this cruise - especially the ship - because of all the crap reviews I had read on cruise critic about it being beat up, old, blah blah blah. Fake news! I actually really liked this cruise. The Island is not brand new but it’s in decent shape. And it also has character, lots of places to escape with a good book, nooks and crannies etc. It did not seem crowded at all, much different from Royal and Regal. They’re both gorgeous ships but almost *too* bright and new and too crowded. Stupid parrot towel clips and unread hardcover books on every deck chair on those - obnoxious! But the Island never seemed that way. The cabin was nice, it was just for me, so plenty of space, balcony was perfect. The bed was amazing - I slept so well! The food was so-so - honestly, it could be improved a bit, as could the variety of items you can have delivered via room service. Was not impressed with the specialty restaurants. The staff overall were very friendly. As a solo traveler, I did feel overlooked by staff at times compared to larger groups that seemed to receive more attention and a higher level of service. Sad! The staff who did go the extra mile got very nice tips. Those who didn’t did not. Such is life. But they almost all got nothing because the only ATM on board has an $8.50 transaction fee, which I would’ve refused to pay because $8.50 = highway robbery. Luckily, my bank covers those charges. The ports of call were fantastic! Colombia was a little edgy but I’m glad I went. Going through the Canal was an incredible experience, and Limon, Costa Rica is gorgeous and welcoming. The shore excursions were all great. Horseback riding in Falmouth, horse and carriage tour in Cartagena, and whitewater rafting in Limon. The crowd on board was old - very few young people. But given the itinerary, I expected this would be the case. It would be nice if Princess tried a little harder to attract a bit younger of a crowd - I’ve been on several of their cruises and this seems to be a theme. Overall though, this was a very good cruise. If you’re on the fence, go for it. You only live once.

Great cruise, don’t believe the haters

Island Princess Cruise Review by MikeB827

MikeB827’s Full Rating Summary
Get Island Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB
C310 is all the way at the end of a row of balconies that extend further out on the edge of the ship. So it has a curved glass edge on one side. A little more exposed - ppl in the other balconies can see you a little easier. But the views from the balcony are better than other standard balcony rooms.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins