3. Norwegian Joy
But got less! While I have no big issues with the ship itself, the cruise line itself was lacklustre. Embarkation was a mess. The waiting area was a mess! No water, coffee, tea at all available, all machines were empty and never attended to. The washrooms were sadly completely grosst and I expect these basic services. Additionally, the check in was very, very slow. C’mon guys...it should not take so long! Naturally when everyone finally makes it on-board, they need food and drink, and they all head to the buffet. If this had been my first cruise, I would have jumped ship at this point. But things did improve. Our cabin was adequate, but small and had ample storage. It was just ...boring! No pizzazz or character. We had no complaints as to noise etc. Very quiet! Dining was lovely! We were very well attended to everywhere by lovely, lovely staff! Ok, a couple of duds, but not worth mentioning. Our dining was predominantly a highlight! Entertainment was good! Not amazing, but good! Not much variety compared to previous cruises. Activities were old people based...boring. FYI...I’m 65. Service was almost universally wonderful. I can count on one hand the times I was not impressed. Usually not the service, but attitude of the giver was the issu and I am not easily put off! Our room attendant Carlos went above and beyond! A sweetheart and no complaints. Ports were no surprises, mainly standard fare. Our partial transit through the Panama Canal was a highlight to be sure, and a wonderful experience! Amazing! Our excursions were standard fare. Exception was our private excursion on Roatan Island which was amazing! I wish I could award this a better rating. I’m not a “picky” person, but I really appreciate value. This cruise did not meet those value expectations. I do not appreciate paying for water! Nor do I appreciate a service charge on alcohol! It is simply a money grab that I have never been expected to pay for before. Water... really! In short, there are many outlets vying for my vacation dollars, and unless Norwegian presents with an amazing deal, I will look elsewhere.

Expected more from Norwegian