3. Norwegian Breakaway
We chose this cruise because it was the only cruise that was perfectly aligned with our departure and arrival needs, and the Breakaway is a ship I have wanted to check out! While the majority of this review is good, there are some negative parts too and I will share it all! I'll break down the review into parts so you can quickly find what you need: EMBARKATION: We arrived in Miami the day before and got to the port at 11. We had Priority Boarding which we paid extra for, so we thought it would mean a quick boarding time. Unfortunately, the line was backed out of the door and all the way to the other side of the terminal. When i asked where Priority Boarding was, the attendant pointed to the end of the line. This was disappointing to say the least but I wasn't going to let that mess up the first day of the cruise! It took over an hour in the line and we didn't board until 12:40. Once we got on board, we explored a little and ate in the Savor dining room. I prefer a nice relaxed sit down dining experience to the buffet, and the servers were excellent. CABIN: Our mini-suite cabin was clean and really spacious. The shower had six jets in addition to the showerhead, so it was very luxurious. Our cabin steward Alicia was great. She kept everything fresh and clean and even made us some towel animals because we mentioned we liked them. SPECIALTY DINING: Teppanyaki was our favorite. The food was excellent, and the entertainment was better than any teppanyaki we have visited. The steak was more tender than the one we had in the steakhouse on our last cruise. Our tablemates had the same comment. It was a very pleasant surprise. Ocean Blue was very good and my favorite dish on the entire cruise was the Hamachi Ceviche. It hit every note - sour, spicy, sweet, crunchy... just amazing. Moderno was great because the waiter was awesome. The meat was tender, but some cuts were lukewarm. It may be because we arrived as soon as it opened. Le Bistro had a great mushroom soup and a t-bone special which was very good and prepared well. The desserts were just ok. Ocean Blue was very good and my favorite dish on the entire cruise was the Hamachi Ceviche. It hit every note - sour, spicy, sweet, crunchy... just amazing. One thing about the specialty dining - we were told it was "unlimited appetizers" but each venue told us it was a limit of two, until we questioned it and they gave us the additional appetizers. At that point, they all said "we tell people two but if you want more just ask" (usually just 3 but there are so many good looking apps I like to be able to try them!) COMEDY: The comedians were very funny. We like the PG shows and they didn't just "phone in" their comedy. We have been at other shows where it seems like the comedians didn't really like doing the PG comedy but these guys were genuinely funny. The host was not funny though. She had a guitar and made up songs that had people shaking their heads. I felt bad for her.. The comedy-magician was a great treat as well. He was funny and entertaining. SHOWS: SIX is amazing. Every single one of the performers could sing. It was a great show and definitely worth booking. The live band is a treat. I love live music. Burn the Floor was also great. It was an hour long show that seemed to fly by. The dancers were excellent. Escape the Big Top is not really a show but a large scale "escape room" concept. If you like puzzle-heavy escape rooms, you will like this. SLIDES AND ROPES COURSE: The slides were good but the two biggest slides were down for repair the entire cruise. This was a disappointment. The ropes course was large and fantastic with a zip line at the end - there is also a part called "the plank" where you can walk over the edge of the ship. There is supposed to be a camera there to take your picture, but it was also not working. That was another disappointment unfortunately. They do not let you take your own cameras or phones unless you have a chest harness for your gopro. i had mine on a stick and it would have lodged nicely in the harness but they would not let me take it. I understand their reasoning on that. Nobody wants a camera dropped on their head... INTERNET: I got the ultimate internet package to keep up with work and it was solid 80% of the time. There were times it was frustratingly slow or would disconnect. it cost 250 dollars so that really shouldn't happen. DEBARKATION: Again, we had Priority Debarkation which just means you get an earlier luggage tag. The line literally snaked all the way from the aft to the front and then back aft. They had some issue with the systems so we ended up waiting for a long time. We arrived back at a different terminal so it was a long walk back to the car. I think they should tell you when you park if the terminal is going to be different on return.

Beautiful Ship, Great Crew

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by bobsacamano

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

I'll break down the review into parts so you can quickly find what you need:

EMBARKATION:

bobsacamano’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB
Some cabins have the bed close to the door, some have them close to the balcony. This one had it close to the balcony which made the room seem very large. When the bed is near the door, it really closes off the room.

The shower was amazing with the main head and six very powerful jets.

The balcony was big enough to sit and stretch your legs but not lay out, which suited us perfectly.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins