• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

bobsacamano
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Nov 2019
Cabin: Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

We chose this cruise because it was the only cruise that was perfectly aligned with our departure and arrival needs, and the Breakaway is a ship I have wanted to check out! While the majority of this review is good, there are some negative parts too and I will share it all!

I'll break down the review into parts so you can quickly find what you need:

EMBARKATION:

Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

Some cabins have the bed close to the door, some have them close to the balcony. This one had it close to the balcony which made the room seem very large. When the bed is near the door, it really closes off the room.

The shower was amazing with the main head and six very powerful jets.

The balcony was big enough to sit and stretch your legs but not lay out, which suited us perfectly.

Port Reviews

Harvest Caye

I didn't read the docs they gave us which told us to bring cash or credit card- as I have only been to the Carnival private island in the past i mistakenly thought everything could be purchased with the ships card - not their fault, i should have read it! The private island was nice and we just found chairs and relaxed,and did a little swimming. There is a butterfly garden which was very nice and free, and a little animal area with a snake and a few birds. worth walking through.

Miami

We did our own thing before and after the cruise. I would suggest going to Coopertown Airboats. I went on Groupon to get the tickets for that. That was an unexpected treat and not too expensive!

Costa Maya

lots of shopping and a nice Mayan show for free (tips accepted). When you continue to walk all the way to the back there is a great little taco stand and a corn stand as well. It was a fun time. There is a pool but it was a bit chilly so no one was in it. The little "beach" in front of the pool was small and unimpressive though.

1 Helpful Vote