3. Voyager of the Seas
We recently sailed with Royal Caribbean from Hong Kong to Singapore. We have 25 cruises under our belt and my wife is a Crown & Anchor platinum member. I have read other reviews regarding this sailing and concur with all of the comments made. I have waited to post this review because I wanted to give Royal Caribbean the chance to respond to my letter of complaint. Below I have inserted the final part of the letter to give readers the gist of my complaint as the diary I kept of the cruise and issues encountered are protracted. After several emails back and forth Royal Caribbean have stated that they are unprepared to discuss company policy, have contacted the ships management team to address some of the issues and have refunded our laundry bill in full. Laundry returned to us smelly with two white linen items dyed blue, the complaints team also suggested that we dye the linen items a different colour so that my wife can still use them! Royal Caribbean have also offered $75 off our next cruise and a birthday experience voucher for my wife. I have replied that this is unsatisfactory and that speaking to other guests on the same cruise inconsistent with offers made to them. Royal Caribbeans response was that they consider the mater resolved and will not respond further, including the request to escalate the complaint further. If you are thinking of taking a cruise with Royal Caribbean find out if the ship is going into refit afterwards, if so ask if the staffing levels will be reduced and that basic services like lifts are functioning. If they are reducing staff for the cruise ask for a huge discount and be prepared for long queues and poor service. You have been warned!!! Insert of complaint summary. "The only thing preventing this, our 30th wedding anniversary celebration vacation being one of the most disappointing vacations we have ever experienced was the long stays in Hong Kong and later Singapore that we had organised before and after the cruise and the visits to Vietnam ports. We were shocked at the service received and by the number of guests we met who were on their first cruise who informed us that they would not cruise again with Royal Caribbean, if they cruised again at all. We told them that in all the cruises we had enjoyed with Royal Caribbean we had never experienced anything like it and that this was a one off and that they should give you another chance. For a company such as Royal Caribbean to put their staff in such a position was in my opinion as an ex senior manager with a large national company shameful. Your staff despite the position they were put in by Head Office performed admirably under the circumstances. I understand that Royal Caribbean’s Vision is : (Extract from Royal Caribbean web site) To empower and enable our EMPLOYEES to deliver the best vacation experience to our GUESTS, thereby generating superior returns to our STAKEHOLDERS and enhancing the well being of our COMMUNITIES ANCHORED IN EXCELLENCE •We always provide service with a friendly greeting and a smile. •We anticipate the needs of our customers. •We make all efforts to exceed our customers' expectations. •We take ownership of any problem that is brought to our attention. •We engage in conduct that enhances our corporate reputation and employee morale. •We are committed to act in the highest ethical manner and respect the rights and dignity of others. •We are loyal to Royal Caribbean and strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. It’s interesting that the points I have made in this email are at odds with you vision and that in this instance Royal Caribbean have performed woefully below that expected and experienced; •You have certainly not empowered your crew to deliver the best vacation experience, instead you have put them under unnecessary pressure by releasing staff before the cruise as observed by us and other guests and confirmed by one of your managers. Some of your staff have had training issues with processes and systems and suffered a lack of supervision and guidance which would have been difficult shorthanded. •You have not anticipated the needs of your customers; I don’t mind queuing occasionally whilst on a cruise but not as routinely or for as long as we did. What I wanted was to enjoy each aspect of the cruise and relaxation that a cruise normally affords you and not dread the evenings or dining, •You have failed to meet ours and other guest expectations. I expect to be relaxed, enjoy good entertainment and enjoy excellent dining opportunities and service. I do not expect to feel guilty seeing your crew working flat out, perspiring heavily and looking pale despite the smiles fixed to their faces, obviously overwhelmed with the demand. •Given the chance of ownership of our problems you failed on each occasion to address them. •Given the opportunity to engage with me I was left in my stateroom for one and a half hours when I had offered to meet a manager at his or her convenience. This was organised by the customer relations desk and booked. •I would like to think that taking the crew off before this ship sailed was just a gross misjudgement on some one’s part and not a conscious decision to save money which in my view would constitute the unethical treatment of your staff and guests. To say that we are disappointed with our cruise would be an understatement, my wife still insists that Royal Caribbean are her number one cruise line choice and had before this cruise suggested her 60th Birthday in the Caribbean would be an ideal way of spending it. I on the other hand take a more pragmatic view and go with the evidence. In my opinion Royal Caribbean and the decisions made for this cruise show that guests and staff are not the priority. Royal Caribbean have refused to discuss my issues further, they have stated that they are not prepared to discuss internal policies and have refused to respond when I have requested escalating the complaint further up the chain. In Royal Caribbean's view the complaint is resolved and their is nothing further to discuss, a fair level of compensation being offered, despite the offer being significantly less than other guests sat at the same dinner seating. Overall I would say that the ship was dirtier than others I had sailed, the serviceability of the lifts was appalling. The time taken to be served at breakfast with fresh juice and speciality coffee meant that we only attempted this a couple of times, think twice about any drinks package!!! Breakfast was okay plenty of choice of cereals. Hot counters were hit and miss hot was a hit cold a definite miss! Lunch stuck to salads generally good choice. Dinner, table for six, two guests could not stand the delays and opted for dining elsewhere. We and the other couple stuck it out although delays each evening, getting the wrong orders, not getting the correct drinks not being offered tea or coffee at the end or water during then finding out the next day that we had been billed incorrectly was painful. Thank god for chops! We ended up there a couple of times because the service was so poor in the main dining room. Bars were crowded no where near enough staff, I have never been on a cruise and waited so long to get a drink or where I have lost weight! In a nutshell overall experience of the cruise POOR.

Profit First

Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by Maisie62

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

Insert of complaint summary.

ANCHORED IN EXCELLENCE

•We always provide service with a friendly greeting and a smile.

•We anticipate the needs of our customers.

•We make all efforts to exceed our customers' expectations.

•We take ownership of any problem that is brought to our attention.

Maisie62’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 7D
Nice cabin lots of space balcony had plenty of room. Facilities all good housekeeping very good although we did not see her as much as we have housekeeping on previous cruises.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins