3. Explorer of the Seas
Embarking was an absolute mess! The coast guard too a long time for their inspection, I figured this would happen, so we didn’t show up as early as we usually do. We were still there about 15 minutes early because of the shuttle times. We were in terminal G, not sure why we didn’t go to the large new terminal, we were the only RC ship in port that day. The terminal was packed, hot, and one employee directing people was quite rude! I really enjoy the smaller ships, not that she’s really small, and I like the layout pre Amped. We had a great cabin and attendant Mira. Explorer is definitely ready for her refurb, but she is still very nice, and clean. I found an article called secrets of Explorer of the seas, check it out , and visit the locations! Giovanni’s was absolutely amazing, try the gnocchi! The adult pool is nice, places to sit on the top and put your feet in ankle deep water, or room to sit in the very shallow water and/or dangle your legs into the deeper part. The guys enjoyed the Connoisseur Club, the Cigar lounge. Our dining room staff were amazing! Martin and Cristina, they brought me special request salads every night. Our Excursion in Cozumel was the Coba Pyramid climb and Cenote swim. Our Quine was Diego, he was very informative about the culture and history of the area, making the 3 hour round trip entertaining. The sack lunch was one of the better excursion prepacked lunches I’ve ever had, it consisted of ham & cheese on a hoagie bun, a small bag of chips, a lightly crispy Quaker Oats fruit bar, banana, juice box, and a tiny brown bag with mustard, mayo, and a breath mint! They also supplied cold water before the pyramid, and a real sugar Mexican Coke after! The Cenote was beautiful, 60 stairs down a rough spiral staircase. Crystal clear water, life jackets available. There isn’t as much oxygen in the cave, so in short time I was out of breath and had to get out of the water, even the young in great physical shape was huffing and puffing! In Costa Maya we went to a place called Tropicante. Great service, their blog is sandals and skis.com. The service and food are fantastic! Debarking was a breeze! We caught a waiting shuttle to the airport for $10 per person.

First cruise after her TA

NancyS13’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas price drops

Owner's Suite - 1 Bedroom
Cabin OS
The cabin was very nice, it was very nice to have plenty of space and a large bathroom.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins