Carnival Miracle Cruise Review

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by dianeh

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: the Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Embarkation was amazing. We purchased FTTF just a few days prior to sailing. We were on the ship by and had access to our cabin 7233 immediately. Our luggage was not delivered until later.

Our first dining room experience left us more than a little apprehensive about further meals. We were served cool entrees. My chicken breast was so hard I could barely cut through it. I asked for bearnaise sauce in hopes to cover the dryness. My first dish was cool. The second dish was cool and had a dried texture. I ended up only eating the cheese place I ordered for dessert. The wine we ordered didn’t arrive until after our meals were completed. We complained bitterly, it was so disappointing to the 4 of us to have something wrong with each meal. The waiters, maitre’d and food manager all came to our table to say that would make it right. The next dining experience was much better with warm food and our bottle of wine being taken off our Cheers tab. But the following 2 nights were back to cool meals, armour plated fried chicken and not to forget the non existent dress codes with tshirts and baseball caps. We opted out of the last night because we were NOT going to give them a tip.

Our anniversary dinner at Nick and Noras was fabulous. The food was so good and amazing. I wish we could have eaten there each night. I would suggest they lower the lighting uniformly, as our table was lit up like a football game while others enjoyed a lovely soft ambiance. The steak and lobster was supreme as was the service. We were each given a complimentary glass of champagne as well as a delicious dessert and 4 spoons! It was a wonderful celebration.

Our cabin steward, Julius was attentive and always had our cabin cleaned before noon where our next door neighbors, and travel companions had a different experience with another cabin steward.

We were delighted to see they actually policed the lounges in the Serenity pool area. On the 1 1\2 days we had weather that cooperated there were a number of towels and personal items being stored at the pool desk. This practise gave everyone an opportunity to to enjoy some sun and relaxation.

We played bingo once but found the cost high for the wins. We went to the Piano bar once and felt the entertainer lacked true musical experience. Our favorite entertainers were 3 women from Poland. They are M3Strings. They play a cello, violin and base violin. All are orchestra trained and their performance proves it. Just a delight to listen to their large array of music from rock to pop to classical.

We listened to them at either the Atrium bar (loved the service Darius) and in the Alchemy bar each night.

The activity coordinator was certainly not someone I would recommend. Many times when we were forced to listen to her, she made mistakes or mispronounced English words. My goodness English is English whether you are in Australia or New Zealand!

When we sailed from PV we were told the ship had no more avocados (but still on the menu at the deli each day), clamato juice and worstershire sauce. It just goes to show Carnival is running short staffed because these items should not have been missed. PVallarta has an abundance of retail outlets to stock up the ship for 2 more days. It told us they didn’t care.

I would like to mention the thin bathroom towel which were not always white and often stained.

All in all I would give this cruise a 5. You get what you pay for and Carnival was a lot cheaper than other lines.

The four of us loved our balcony being opened up. When a neighbor smoked the situation was immediately dealt with. Unfortunately we never did find out who was smoking the pot! The cruise line alerted us that the balconies would be washed while in port. I really don’t know what they did but we still had bird droppings and dirt on our balcony and floor gutters were still full of debris and the glass was still green around the edges.

I am not an active cruiser. I have been on 3 cruises in my lifetime. 2 were HAL, and 1 was Pride of America (Norwegian). I am used to cleanliness, great food and consistency. We chose this cruise and line because it was a convenient flight from Vancouver and allowed us to be on ship to celebrate our 40th anniversary. It wasn’t expensive compared to other cruise lines and now I know why. I will never cruise with this line again because of the reasons stated. Because we rarely cruise, I would rather spend more and know I am going to enjoy my self in all aspects of my vacation.

We realized 2 weeks before sail time that our ship docked at 9am (according to its published itinerary) and we had booked flights home at 12:15. That was one reason why we bought the FTTF package so we could help our debarkation a bit. Our travel agent talked to Carnival and they were somewhat hopeful we could still make our flight. We hired a private van to meet us after going through customs so we could again get to the airport fast.

Surprise. We docked at 7 am. Guest services had told us to go to the upper level of the Baccus dining room to wait while others were told to wait somewhere else. Everyone was confused. We did get off the ship fast and customs was a one question and then we were on our way to LAX at 8:45. All that worry for nothing. Why did the ship say 9 am docking in the first place?

I have no regrets about this cruise. But I won’t sail with Carnival again.

dianeh's Full Rating Summary

Balcony

Spacious but did not have a shelf in our fridge. It didn't bother us so we didn't ask our wonderful cabin Steward to attend to it. Towels are thin and stained, white towels should be white and fluffy.

Cabo San Lucas

It rained in Cabo. We walked to Captain Tonys for lunch. Delicious but expensive. $1550 pesos for 4 entrees, 3 grande Margariettas and a beer.

Mazatlan

We hired different pulmonias to take us to select spots to show our travel companions OUR MAZATLAN. We stay here every February. We went to the Golden Zone and then to Playa Bruja and had a drink at Mr Lionsos. Then to Chilies Pepper, our favorite restaurant and it proved how reasonable in cost Maz is over Cabo. Then back to the ship.

dianeh