3. Norwegian Gem
My husband and I are longtime NCL guests. We chose this cruise based on the convenience of departing port being close to home and also based on the itinerary. We have taken numerous cruises with NCL and were very disappointed in this cruise. It lacked all of the reasons we usually choose to vacation on this cruise line. Embarkation was disappointing. First time ever where it seemed chaotic and disorganized and the lines were beyond long. Once onboard it was apparent that the ship was not staffed appropriately. It seemed that there was minimal staff to accommodate guest needs. Unable to be seated in timely manner at specialty restaurants that were pre-booked prior to boarding that were 3/4 vacant at time of reservation. Food service took a ridiculous amount of time to arrive after placing an order. Food was over salted to the point of it being inedible. There was a medical emergency on deck 12. The guest was injured and bleeding in and around the hottub. I watched as the crew without gloves attended to the guest contaminating the surrounding area. The location was never properly sterilized after the emergency. Hot tub was never drained and cleaned/disinfected. They absorbed the blood with pool/beach towels. The shore excursions meeting location was set up poorly in every port. There was one canopy set up along side the ship with few chairs for guests to wait however the tour organizers did not allow us to wait under the shaded canopy. They had us gather in lines in the sun for 15-30 minutes prior to the tour start. Another medical emergency occurred on the day of the last port. The ship was full speed ahead to get back to Boston a day early which meant we lost a day of beautiful weather, use of the pool, outdoor activities. I have always enjoyed cruising with NCL but was really taken aback by what was lacking in this cruise. It makes me question whether I may want to rethink NCL being my cruise line of choice for my family's upcoming European vacation.

Disappointed in NCL