3. Norwegian Getaway
I have cruised NCL in the past and loved it but this time on the Getaway out of New Orleans there were a few snags, 1- I was priority access but NOLA port evidential does not know what that means. My check in time was 1130am went to the Priority line checked in no problem, then went to look for priority boarding was none. They said that was called at 11am. This was 1145am and they were now doing general boarding and we would have to join the end of the line. This line went all the way out the terminal. I turned in my complaint to customer service once on board. They told me they could do nothing at that time because it was not an onboard issue however they would see what they could do to help me with it. The next day I was called to customer service and given a file number and told that NCL has opened and case to investigate the issue. I also was given strawberries and wine when I arrived in my room that night. 2- The staff seemed untrained or unacclimated to the US (Getaway port arrival), when you asked the staff (ie, room stewart a question their normal response was I don't understand or Customer Service) you would have to repeatedly need to explain what you needed before they would understand if then, at times you had to go higher up to get someone who knew. 3- My hubby uses a C-pap and we found there are no outlets near the bed. We had to get an 8 foot extension cord from housekeeping and then be extra careful walking around at night not to trip over the cord that crossed across the room. Anyone say safety hazard. 4- Training again there was no consistency of drinks from bar to bar. Some bartenders would have to stop and read the instructions on what and how much went into each drink, This did not help with the other problem of too few bartenders after a show let out it would not be unnormal to wait unto 15mins to get a drink standing at the bar. I say all these comments and yet NCL is still an excellent cruise line, I have been on them before and no problems. This cruise was only the 2nd trip out of NOLA for the Getaway after coming in from Europe. I feel I will give them some slack time for training and acclamation to the USA, however I hope that was the case.

GREAT Trip but crew disorganized

WhiteOwl57’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Mini-Suite with Large Balcony
Cabin M6
I had a mini suite with a large balcony it had plenty of room. the bath was awesome verey large with double sink and a body jet spray shower to fall in love with after a long day of walking. The blacony has 2 loungers and 2 chairs with a dining table. half of the balcony is covered by upper balcony the outer half is open with over water views. Be aware the only outlets are located on the large vanity across from the bed and sofa.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins