3. Norwegian Getaway
The embarkation was a nightmare in New Orleans. Very poorly laid out que lines and not enough. Tendering was a long, painful disaster. The Shore Excursion staff needs better signage or staff to direct the thousands of people instead of leaving guests to guess which way to go. They need better signage when getting off the ship as to where the tours assemble. Very poor communication. Food was good, better than Princess. In the Specialty restaurants service took a long time and we felt the wait staff was overworked - too many tables to handle. Went to Cagney's and was told they were out of iceberg lettuce - thus no Wedge salad. However, they failed to inform us we could have gotten the salad made with Romaine which would have been fine. Beef Steak Tomato salad was put together with a lower grade beef steak #4 or #5 because they ran out of tomatoes. However, we never had a tasteless, unripe, wedge cut beef steak tomato salad in our lives. The Casino - we gambled thousands and only got a $460 credit on our bill. Plus the last night of the cruise around 7pm - we finally got a bottle of wine & a basket of fruit. A little too late. I accumulated over $14,700+ points and at least thought I'd get a free cruise offer. On Princess if I hit 10,000 points I get a free cruise plus free casino play. If I'd known this with Norwegian, I would have never played so heavily. When I asked the Casino Host what were some of the perks - she just advised - "Oh you know how it works, you know how it works". OBVIOUSLY, I DIDN'T!!! We are heavy gamblers. To get a $460 credit on our bill was an insult. Due to this - I don't know if I ever would sail Norwegian again. I still keep waiting for an offer!

Norwegian

ppmicra2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BA
Cabins are laid out very nicely. Bed is a little hard. The bathroom is roomy - loved it. Glad to have a shower door vs. a shower curtain. Plenty of counter space.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins