3. Carnival Breeze
Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by wsteve78 Sail Date: July 2019, Destination Caribbean, Cabin Type: Ocean Suite We chose the cruise while talking with our Travel Agent. We have cruised Carnival before and this appeared to be a good cruise with destinations we would enjoy. It ended up being a very nice cruise. The big surprise was Guy Fieri’s Burger Joint – great burgers and fries!! Also, the Mongolian Wok, in the buffet, was excellent – yes, the two chefs cooking there got to know me. It’s probably one of the healthier lunches. Some days, I had a cheese burger and a wok cooked vegetable dish. We also tried two specialty restaurants: “Fahrenheit 555” (Steak house) and “Cucino del Capitano” (Italian) and enjoyed both. In the steak house, the bone-in ribeye was excellent. In the Italian restaurant, their “Tomahawk Pork Chop” is enough for two and wonderful. The Italian food was more like you’d find at someone’s home – real Italian and delicious. I should mention the “Blueiguana Cantina” not only for lunch, but they make a dynamite Breakfast Burrito, too. No, we didn’t go to all of the eating places, the ones above were too good to miss. The dining room was good and open for two sittings 5:30 (our choice) and 8:00 (I believe). The service was very good and the wait staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. The food was what I expect nowadays from a cruise line, but quite good. I chose the Red Frog Pub for beverages and was very pleased. The bar staff was excellent making drinks and in interacting with the passengers. They were friendly and remembered you after your first visit. Some of the passengers weren’t quite so friendly and could be demanding. If there are three people in front of you, just wait your turn – you may be important, but so is everyone else. Also, the ship layout was a bit weird. If you’re going to the 3rd floor dining room, and take the middle elevators, you can’t get there. Turns out the galley is between the middle elevators and the dining room on deck 3. Get off at deck 5 and go to the aft elevators which do take you to deck 3 and the dining room is right there. The walking area (promenade?) is on one side of the ship and you have to move to the center of the ship for the elevators. All in all, not bad, just different. The itinerary was good, West Caribbean the first week (Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay, and Costa Maya), and East Caribbean (Amber Cove, St Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk) the second week. We did take the Calypso Train on Grand Turk and enjoyed it. (Yes, it’s open air). It turns out Grand Turk’s high point is 162 feet – right, it’s not at high as the ship. It’s pretty FLAT! We had lunch at a little restaurant (did I mention LITTLE). Took a long time to get the food, mama could only cook one or two orders at a time. But it was fun. Although there was a possibility of some weather both weeks, all we saw was some rain at a couple of ports, the Caribbean and Atlantic were pretty smooth. All in all, it was a good cruise, the suite on the Breeze was adequate for the two of us and we were comfortable. One other point to make: since we were in an Ocean Suite, we had a “Suite Guest” sticker on our “Sail and Sign” cards. I thing it gave us some extras – a 1-Liter water bottle for each person in our cabin each week. Also, this is the absolutely fastest check-in we have ever had on any cruise line. We went in the door at Port Canaveral and about 5 minutes later we were on the ramp to the ship. We had lunch at the Pig and Anchor (Guy Fieri) and enjoyed it. I should add that the Cruise Director, MarQ, set up a Veterans get-together that was very well done. There was a program, a video from the CEO of Carnival, and a chance to meet other veterans and talk. I’ve attended veteran’s get-togethers on other ships and cruise lines, but this was one of the best. Would we do it again, yes. It was a very relaxing and fun cruise for us. Happy Cruising!!!

Enjoyed the Carnival Breeze

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by wsteve78

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by wsteve78

Sail Date: July 2019, Destination Caribbean, Cabin Type: Ocean Suite

Would we do it again, yes. It was a very relaxing and fun cruise for us.

Happy Cruising!!!
wsteve78’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Breeze price drops

Ocean Suite
Cabin OS
Cabins – in the past, we’ve sailed in a balcony cabin on Carnival, but this was an opportunity to try out the Ocean Suite at a good price. The cabin was a reasonable size and comfortable. (It was similar to the Junior Suite on Royal Caribbean). The balcony may be the shortest (from door to railing) we’ve ever had. The chairs had to be turned sideways so you could sit in them. The closets (yes, two of them) were actually in a closet, with sliding doors, so we each had a hanging closet and shelves. The hanging part was a bit small, but it worked. The shelves provided good space for our non-hanging clothes.

The bathroom had two sinks and a tub/shower with jets. It was a bit tight for two people using the sinks at the same time. The tub had been fitted with sliding shower doors which added about 2 inches to the height of the 18+ inch tub. Yes, it was difficult for us to get in and out of the tub for a shower. I’m 6 foot 1 and I had to use the handholds in the tub/shower and the door knob to make sure I didn’t slip while getting in and out.
Personally, I think it’s about time to offer non-tub showers in the Junior Suites, Ocean Suites, etc. Most young people don’t take tub baths, and a lot of us seniors don’t either. As you get older, it becomes a safety hazard if you have any mobility issues. Another option would be to replace the tub/shower units in some of the cabins with just showers. Maybe a bit bigger than the standard showers. (Just a thought).
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins