3. Carnival Vista
We chose this cruise for our 2nd cruise. After taking a 5 day cruise, we chose this 7 day to see what we missed out on. The port itinerary was also a factor in our choice. Seeing Roatan, Belize and Cozumel was great. In our travels, we really try to find a load of fun but also we try to find places we can learn about and explore. We live about 2 hours away so we drove to the home port. No issues at that point and getting on board was both quick and very easy. I have to say, from the moment we entered the terminal until we left on disembarkation day, we met nothing but great smiling friendly people. The ship was beautiful and served our every need but I will continue to say, after sailing on the Valor and now on the Vista, the Vista seemed to be a smaller ship though I know it is not. I think it had a lot to do with the atrium differences. Dining was beyond my expectations and I know my partner agreed. We sought out the possibility of dining at every place. We accomplished all but one and don't feel as if we missed out on anything. I can give you my reviews of the dining. I will never again eat at Guys Pig and Anchor. It was okay but it's a BBQ joint. The best thing on Guy's menu was the mac and cheese. Says a lot doesn't it. Someone needs to call Guy and tell him he needs to work on this. Guys Burgers remains the same, excellent. Bonsai Sushi was excellent. I absolutely do not care for fish that has a fishy flavor. This had none. It was excellent and the service was above and beyond. The Alchemy Bar was great. We participated in the Whiskey course and that was a ton of fun. Aleksander made sure we enjoyed every minute of it. On our first evening, we went to the Steakhouse. What a wonderful choice for the first evening. Didn't have to dress fancy, received a free bottle of wine and the people involved only care that you enjoy your experience. Job completed folks. The cruise director Matt Mitchum, commands a great team and I have only good words for that whole crew. Mark, Jess and Lawrence round out a wonderful team and they went to a lot of effort to make sure our experience was memorable. I'll call out a couple more people that were integral to the extremely memorable cruise we just had. Those are our room steward, Sutipo, and a young lady in the dining room named Wassana. Sutipo, you are one of the reasons my cruise was so fantastic, thank you again. Wassana, you bring a brightness to the cruise that rivals the rising sun. To hear your voice in the morning wishing everyone a, "Good Morning", was truly memorable to me. The punchline comedy clubs spills over with laughter and fun. The views, the pools, the hot tubs, what else could a vacationing man want? I would book today to go again, this year, if I weren't already busy. There are two things I think worth mentioning that need a bit of work. The elevators are horrible. They need a great deal more thinking put into how they operate. Perhaps a scanner to see if the floor is clear so the elevator need not stop when no one is waiting. Lastly, if I wanted this to be any better, parent's should take their children on a cruise if they want. What they need to remember is, "you brought your responsibility with you". Bringing your child on the cruise with you, is not so that you can leave them under someone else's care. They are your responsibility, not the ships.

Amazing cruise for our second cruise

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by Jim Schwab

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Cloud 9 Spa Ocean View (walkway view)

I would book today to go again, this year, if I weren't already busy.

Jim Schwab’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Vista price drops

Cloud 9 Spa Ocean View (walkway view)
Cabin 6S
Our cabin was beautiful and nicely laid out. The only thing I will say is that as far having extra spa amenities, it seems to fall a bit short and that creates a bit of a let down. I can buy special shampoo and body wash to pamper myself. I need not spend extra to do that. The people and friendliness of the staff make up for the extra though. I do think the acupuncturist was a bit pushy with her sales technique, thought it does quickly come to mind why she is a top dr on the ship.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins