3. Celebrity Silhouette
Booked this cruise on a whim to get up over to Florida for an extended vacation. Overall the cruise was great seeing New York, Boston, Bermuda, Nassau and Fort Lauderdale. Firstly embarkation was really slow especially security. Once on the ship having already sailed on a Solstice class ship it was all very familiar. Our stateroom (concierge) was as expected, clean tidy and nicely appointed. Stateroom attendant was great and always smiling. The ships pools and sun deck areas were fine and never got overly busy. So here are my observations: 1) Although I expected the demographic to be in the older age category it still surprised us that it was a vast majority who were over 60 on the cruise, nothing bad about that but just an observation. 2) Having an included drinks package took the worry out of when to have a drink, not sure we took full advantage of it but would always try to figure it out in the future. 3) Main dining room was on the whole always good with tasty and varied meal choices, our servers being friendly and attentive. 4) Many sea days means getting a routine going and after four or five we were desperate for a port day. 5) The Atlantic can be lively on these cruises and for the first couple of days it was. 6) We made some new friends at dinner and around the ship who were a delight and made the whole experience a little special. 7) we saw far more wildlife than we expected, many whales, dolphins and porpoises - great. 8) getting off the ship at port was quite a struggle being very busy especially with late arrival in Boston. 9) Debarkation was a breeze and we were in our hire car very quickly. Now we are not "show" people so we have no comments about the entertainment. Nor did we speciality dine, nothing really appealed. The cruise director and his entourage were great and made the cruise feel personal in that they were around to chat with and interact. The only real negative was that I often find that on cruises there are a certain group who seem to think they "own" the ship. Quite often we saw them pushing in-front of others at elevators and just generally being lacking in the manners department. I've seen this before on other cruises and I just think there are a group who think they are better than you and that's just their problem! One final observation, why oh why bother with Nassau? We tire of the constant hassle from people on the street and it makes the place a "I'll think I'll stay oil the ship next time!" place.

First Transatlantic - Had a great cruise