3. Carnival Dream
My wife is a cruise veteran, but after many timing conflicts, I was finally able to go on my first cruise. It won't be my last. I would say, there were a few things on this cruise that could have challenged my patience, but it's all about attitude. I'm not giving it five stars, but that is not because I'm unhappy about anything the crew did or didn't do. First the crew was delayed boarding and leaving port. This because this was The Dream's first cruise from Galveston after being homeported in New Orleans. The day before departure the ship traveled through a massive storm to get to Texas, and much of the ship flooded. This is was out of Carnival's control, but we did have to deal with most of the elevators being out of service and really bad smells in certain parts of the ship. The crew did their best to address these issues, but it was a bit of a headache at times. The ship became even further behind schedule when a passenger suffered a heart attack on the first night. The ship had to turn around in order to meet a Coast Guard helicopter for a medical evacuation. This is not a complaint against Carnival, although there were some people who did show a complete lack of class and say they were going to demand a refund because our time in our first port was cut short by about three hours. I would never think about asking for a refund, but the lack of time on a paid excursion was a bit of a downer. Now for the positives. The customer service was AMAZING. Our dining room crew, with head waiter Rogelim was flawless, friendly and attentive. Gary the cruise director ran a great program and we had a blast at trivia and the scavenger hunt. The shows were fun, even if we didn't get picked for Love & Marriage :( Huge shout out to "Greg the Piano Dude!" who made the evenings unforgettable. Seriously, if you're on a cruise with Greg, you must catch his show. We were a bit disappointed in Karaoke. It was only offered during the day in the big comedy room and had a limited song selection. We would have preferred it in one of the smaller rooms at night. On day one in Costa Maya, we took a non-Carnival excursion to Nohoch Kay Beach Club. We highly recommend it! For $50 we got unlimited food and drinks brought right to our beach chair. Good food and amazing service. It's very low key and doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles for kids. But if you're looking for quiet laid back relaxing adult time, it's perfect! It's was a $9 cab ride each way for both of us. Note: Beware of aggressive Taxi Stand conductor who tries to put 20 people in one bus going to 10 different destinations. Just stand firm and say you want your own taxi. In Cozumel we shopped and had lunch at a nice place called Ernesto's. We stopped and saw our son's friend who is a dancer on another ship that was in port. He and his friends (dance crew from his and our ship) were spending the day at El Cid Resort. We had not booked this so we only stayed long enough to say hello, but we plan on staying at El Cid the next time we're in Cozumel. It's a short walk from the port and looks really nice, and much more laid back than places like Mr. Sanchos. Overall I LOVED my first cruise. I can't wait to go on my next one, and hopefully the bad luck gremlins don't strike that one.

When Life Hands You Lemons........

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by EdCaff

EdCaff’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Dream price drops

Interior
Cabin 4C
We know some people hate the interiror cabins but they are perfect for us. We like to stay up late doing deck activities and the interior cabins let us sleep in later. We don't spend much time in our cabin other than sleeping.
Our cabin service was spectacular.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins