• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

MSC Meraviglia Review

Editor Rating
1 Award

MSC Economizes by not providing kleenex

Review for MSC Meraviglia to the Bahamas
mysterylady1986
10+ Cruises • Age 80s

Sail Date: Nov 2019
Cabin:

The ship is gorgeous and easy to get around but there were several things wrong, First, the cabin was tiny, the bed so narrow that I was seriously worried about falling out (and I am a relatively small person) and MSC does not provide kleenex in the cabins or public bathrooms. This might seem like a small thing but believe me, it is not and I can't believe MDC can't afford to provide such a basic thing.

The dining room service was excellent; the food not so much. The shrimp cocktail was warm (should be served chilled), the steak was too tough to eat and the eggs in the benedict were almost hard-boiled. Our waiter cheerfully whisked away the foods we didn't like and brought replacements and extra servings until we were satisfied.

The singers and dancers in the shows were very talented and good but the shows themselves were disappointing. I have been on several other MSC cruises which featured acrobatics and comedians and trapeze artists; the shows on this ship couldn't compare. I suppose that is due to the fact that Cirque du Soleil is appearing on the ship and the free shows don't want to compete. Here's a tip, be sure to book cirque in advance. We were not able to buy tickets until the very last show on the last night when the management graciously allowed us to buy them. Really, it was as if they were doing us a huge favor by selling us tickets. (The show was just average,nothing special)

Find an MSC Meraviglia Cruise from $229