3. Norwegian Getaway
Although the itinerary was a dream come true for me, the ship itself and its management had a lot to be desired! I know it’s was a repositioning longer cruise than usual, but the staff and management were so unprepared and disorganized constantly that we cannot recommend this ship! First, they ran out of a lot of staple type food items, like Iced Tea, Orange Juice, Lettuce bananas. Second, the venues were too small for the size of the ship. Every show was standing room only and that was only if you got in line AT LEAST one hour in advance of the show! Third: something happened that prevented us from being able to go to Portugal. We looked at it from our balconies but were never allowed to dock!!!! Fourth: They herded is like cattle everywhere!!!!! Line upon line for TWO plus hours each time we had to disembark or Renee the ship!!!! In Miami it was FOUR hours!!! Fifth: Shore excursions: NOT what was described in brochures or on line... drove three hours to spend two hours than given 15 minutes to shop when the brochure said 6 hours in that location! Also several times the excursion said meals included and they were NOT! Seventh: the Bahamas Private Island was a joke! It took FOUR hours to tender everyone off the ship only to have another ship there first and all the beach chairs taken before our ship arrived and again ran out of food and drink. Sixth: Dining room food was cafeteria quality and service was so slow it took three hours to dine. Apparently that was caused because immigration in Denmark did not allow several hundred crew members to renter the ship!!!!! Seventh: tithe rooms were the narrowest I’ve ever had on any cruise line ever! NOW in all fairness, the specialty restaurants were mostly good ( except Cagney served a mushy lobster in shell) Le Bistro is outstanding, Ocean Blue is also! The buffet food was unique and very good with lots of specialty options, Peking Duck, Prime Rib and A Cheese selection that was gourmet! The ship was pristine and immaculately clean in all areas! The stewards and wait staff were very friendly and professional. If I had to do it all over, I would pay the extra for The Haven as their area and service was fantastic. They had use of private pools and spa, concierge service and never had to wait in line for anything! If I had known the difference in the service on that cruise, I would have booked The Haven!!!!

Overcrowded Disorganized Disappointment!!!!!

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by CindyMcRae

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony Stateroom

Seventh: tithe rooms were the narrowest I’ve ever had on any cruise line ever!

Le Bistro is outstanding, Ocean Blue is also!

The ship was pristine and immaculately clean in all areas!

The stewards and wait staff were very friendly and professional.

CindyMcRae’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BB
Too narrow but steward was awesome!
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins