3. Mariner of the Seas
Friends asked if we would travel with them Positives...parking, check-in, security and boarding are very easy. Terminal is set up well for those who need assistance. Our spacious ocean view cabin(8532) gave us plenty of room, even with my wife's scooter. Slept like a baby. Entertainment was good....not great. Negatives.....not a fan of larger ships. Very few quiet places to sit on board. Sea days are crowded( pools, promenade, dining rooms). The Windjammer reminded me of a feed trough on a farm(crowded, lack of seating, presentation poor). Food quality in all venues was worse than my local diner. The service is also better in my diner. The best food was the roast tenderloin in the dining room and the wings at Playmakers. We were asked if we needed anything in or cabin. I requested water and ice. After two days I asked again and our steward told me to call room service. The cabin only had two electrical outlets, both were on the vanity. There were no USB ports. My wife needed to charge her scooter and oxygen concentrator along with two phones. The "refrigerator" was marked cooler. Not cold and no ice. I asked if there were lids for coffee cups and was told to go "go over there" by the staff. Over there, was 100 feet away where I stood in line to get them. Water was one item that we expected not to pay for..not so. Coco Cay? That was the best day to sit by the adult pool. This was our third RCL cruise, each worse than the previous. We have traveled on six other cruises with two other lines. Total of nine cruises = 98 nights. We will probably not travel with RCL in the future.

Nickle and dined to death

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by Jonh34446

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Spacious Ocean View
Friends asked if we would travel with them

Water was one item that we expected not to pay for..not so.

Coco Cay? That was the best day to sit by the adult pool.

We will probably not travel with RCL in the future.
Jonh34446’s Full Rating Summary