3. Carnival Victory
I sailed the Victory back in 2001 when it was the Flag Ship of the fleet, so in a misguided fit on nostalgia I booked a 4 day out of Miami. The ship will drydock in the spring and be re-badged the Radiance. Carnival has clearly given up on this ship in the meantime and I fault management much more than the workers. Where to start? First, no recognition of my gold status. Nothing. Didn't even get the pin! The beds were together even though we requested them to be separate online weeks in advance. Took all day to separate. We requested two Fun Times daily programs and for the ice to be filled twice a day. The steward could not handle that. Breakfast food was cold. Everything that was supposed to be hot was cold except for fresh made omelettes which I'm very sick of now. Even first thing in the morning the tables were dirty and the seats too! Dust all over the place in the Lodi Buffet. Coffee machines down....etc. Terrible. Guys burgers were good but the fries could be very salty. The Deli was good as was the Chinese place Chopsticks. Dinner was hit or miss. Again, crumbs all over the seating and at times cold food. The Serenity adult area was OK. The hot tubs weren't hot though and very uncomfortable. Half shallow and half deeper but both sides uncomfortable. Drink service was practically nonexistent. They got your money from the drink package and just don't care. Music onboard was very repetitive. The comedians were terrible. The shows were just OK. Savannah the cruise director was doing the best she could with what she was working with. The hallways were very noisy day and night. Forget about a nap. The final morning the crew nagged the hell out of us because we were 5 minutes late getting out of the cabin. Very aggressively knocking on the door repeatedly. We were a few minutes late getting out because we had trouble getting back from breakfast because the elevators were backed up. The 2001 Victory cruise had always been the favorite of my 40 cruises. Now that memory is permanently tainted forever. I'm sure the newer Carnival ships have a better experience but I'm not going to hurry back anytime soon.

You can't go home again on the Victory

Carnival Victory Cruise Review by fuzfoz

fuzfoz’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Victory price drops

Interior
Cabin 4A
Cabin was small but OK. No chair or couch.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins