3. Volendam
Embarkation day was great, lines were very short and moved quickly, check-in was fast,and they started letting us on the ship at 11:30. And we went right to deck 8 to get something to eat. Our cabin was on deck 3 it was an totally obstructed ocean view..it was fine, we had no idea that Volendam just came out of dry dock 2 weeks prior, and the ship looked great! Our bathroom was all re-done, new shower, flooring, sink etc...Well done, I think our mattress was new too, so comfortable. Our room steward “Diki” did an awesome job & was always offering to do more. The dinning room food was delicious and service was spot on, the buffet had many food choices some of which I didn’t get to try because I was so full. The casino was on the small side and I found the machines to be too tight, however I was pleasantly surprised to see that the entire casino was “no smoking” , that is the first ship I have ever been on with a smoke free casino. Volendam looks great with her new updates; good job Holland America, I would definitely sail on The Volendam again.

Volendam Pretty Good Ship For 20 Years Old

Volendam Cruise Review by Joanna Luna

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Large Outside Stateroom (fully obstructed views)

Joanna Luna’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Volendam price drops

Large Outside Stateroom (fully obstructed views)
Cabin HH
Our cabin #3397 had plenty of storage space, the bed was so comfortable, the new updated bathroom was great, our cabin location was not far from the elevators and stairs,
and we were close to the back of the ship which while in our cabin hardly ever felt the ship moving.
Lower Promenade Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins