3. Norwegian Escape
My daughter sets up all travel plans for our family of eight. Four children under 12 (2, 5, 9, 11) the parents , myself, and my other daughter. Our rooms were on absolute opposite ends of the ship, different doors, port and starboard, aft and forward with no option to room closer, even when requested. Freestyle dining was convenient and no big dress up night and the food was superb of course. We did our own thing for excursions on Bermuda and had a ball. The ship is truly massive, comfortable, beautifully appointed, the crew attentive and friendly mostly. Some of the specialty eateries staff were a little snooty and the two main dining were a bit at odds with one another as to who would seat our large group with children (Taste & Savor) and we opted for Manhattan Dining Room predominantly. The buffet was very good and unbelievably able to keep up with that full ship of 4K plus passengers. The accommodations and extras were also wonderful, we bought spa passes which in the long run would have been better just to do a few day passes as I only found time to go twice. But very nice even if ‘quiet zone’ was not strictly enforced which was irritating. The trip itself was smooth despite weather issues and cool weather in NYC. Bermudians were fabulous and ‘Mel & Art’s Spicy Dicey’ is the best fish sandwich you will ever eat, and we’ll worth the hike up to it but you can take a cab. The bus system is exceptional and a best bet for getting around as are the ferries. Overall we had a wonderful time and the rooms are comfortable and roomy with fantastic bathrooms and showers. We had a wonderful time. My only complaints are with up charges as the prices are good until you need more and there is an up charge for any extras, water, cokes, little food places that were free on Carnival. The passengers were a good mix but here were some interesting folk that wouldn’t be happy no matter what and we had the hallway that people got sick in twice and one toilet overflow but they handled it smoothly and with nary a hiccup in routine. Overall five stars but I think for dollar for dollar value and fun, even on the older ships, Carnival is a better deal. Not knocking Norwegian at all. It was excellent!!

Big ship big fun

Ages 16+
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Inside Stateroom
Cabin ID
Cabin awesome! Upkeep, quality, cleanliness superb! Our cabin steward rocked and being able to prepay gratuity made departing less stressful.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins