Emerald Star Cruise Review

Spectacular European Splendor

Emerald Star Cruise Review by fgoepel

• Sail Date: Oct 2019
  • Destination: Europe River

We chose this cruise because it was what we could afford. But we got so much more than what we paid for. The cruise director Patricia looked out for all of us, making sure whatever we needed was taken care of. Not just us, everyone. There were people with special challenges, other normal (like me) and very active people who all had their needs met. The activities director Charlotte is a fun person to be around and very talented. The staff was always around taking care the ship was clean and ship shape. it is a well run ship.

We never expected the food to be of the quality and quantity that was shared with us. It is exceptional. The care the chef and his staff to give us something special that they were proud of was very, very evident. Each meal was as much, or as little (not me) as you could choose. As special surprise was the chateaubriand captains dinner. The wines were varied throughout the trip and no glass was left empty by exemplary servers such as Milomar and Dragona. Special people make for special trips and these are special people.

We learned more than we could absorb about European history. But we learned a lot. The Danube starting in Budapest, up to the Main and down the Rhine to Amsterdam. Little villages to large cities, it was like a buffet of European sights and culture. Like to food, it never stopped. It was the trip of a lifetime and a dream come true for my wife and I.

fgoepel's Full Rating Summary

All cabins are tight. But this had room, for what we needed for 2 weeks. We didn't spend much time in it. I have read others complain about the bathroom entry but it really wasn't a problem for the two of us. My only concern was flushing the toilet at night and thinking of the noise it made. So I didn't do it. If it was yellow, it let it mellow.

fgoepel