3. Norwegian Jewel
My dream was to go to bora bora and with this itinerary I could see it plus other French Polynesia islands We started in Honolulu and the embarkation was the best I have ever done , fast and easy. Then we got onboard unknown to us that every Hawaiian port you must pay port taxes although not high but on every drink. We had already paid gratuities and taxes for our drink package. Then we got to Maui , it was not a nice location with high security and very rude people working at the location. Treated us like we were criminals !! Yelling at the cruise clients constantly about staying in line but not helping to which line to go in. I felt so sorry for the older client as they had no shuttle to the exit of the security and it was far. Nothing around other then a shopping mall about 20 min walk. Not the Maui I remember. Then Hilo same thing Hawaiian port people very loud and rude. But once we got away from the port all was good . In Kauai much better a shuttle was there to take people who did not book N excursion or a after they finished there excursion to the little beach and shopping area . The 5 days at sea went by ok but our party of 16 was the reason . The entertainment and games were definitely not as good as expected. The games are the same time to get some new games Norwegian!! The bands that played at the pool were way to loud and very humdrum! The entertainment group other then Marta very poor , no liveliness and excitement , almost seemed like it was a chore rather then a job they wanted to do ! The food at all restaurants that we went to was very good, lots of choices and very accomadating , especially the head waiter at tsars , could not do enough for my grand niece who has severe lactose allergy and is vegetarian, waitress Darren was exceptional. The bar tenders quite often ignored us maybe because we prepaid gratuities???? Then we got to French Polynesia our first stop Nuku hiva, thank goodness we booked a tour as not much there, the beach was in walking distance so we did swim for awhile . Next stop Moorea , my first impression was WOW ! so beautiful and it did not disappoint other then again beaches so far from the port! Thank goodness once they finished there cruise excursions they had buses from the town transport people back to the ship as it was a very long 45 min walk . Warning get all your money changed to CFP as they really rip you off in exchange everywhere in French Polynesia . We had US dollars and for something say that cost 1000 CFP would cost 13.00 US We used Albert transport , we had a driver named Hamilton he was exceptional . Then bora bora my dream island ! We organized a private excursion for our group of 16 we had the best day ever 5 hours of Snorkling , swimming with lemon and black tipped sharks, swimming with the stingrays in the shallow crystal baby blue warm waters , onto a coral reef that I have never seen so many different types of fish and coral. Our guide was amazing showed us all the highlights of bora bora then back to the best beach I have ever been . Played so much in the warm waters with my grand nieces . MAouhuni bora bora is who we booked with . Prompt and very knowledgeable as they are local tour guides . We finished the cruise in Papeete Tahiti ! It looked like a very busy big city , did not get a chance to tour as we went straight by ferry back to Moorea for 5 nights.

Great itinerary not such great port locations

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by Murchmom

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Transpacific
  • Cabin Type: Family Balcony

The bar tenders quite often ignored us maybe because we prepaid gratuities????

We used Albert transport , we had a driver named Hamilton he was exceptional .

Murchmom’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Get Norwegian Jewel price drops

Family Balcony
Cabin B2
We got upgraded from inside due to price drop , so we were very excited for this of course . Our room was spacious and lots of storage space . View from balcony always amazing ! Nice to go to relax and have some quiet time.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins