3. Star Princess
I have very few complaints and even those are minor. This cruise had something for all age groups, although clearly, the vast majority of the passengers were elderly. Daniel Oliver, the nighttime singer in the Crooner's Bar is an outstanding talent, both as a pianist and a vocalist. It was a 15-day cruise but the variety of entertainments, classes and lectures about Hawaii, dance lessons, cooking lessons, you name it was absolutely great. Tomas, our stateroom steward was a jewel. The MaitreD in the Club Class dining was exceptional. The embarking and disembarking process was the smoothest I've ever had. I have a few areas for improvement. In the casino, there were only 2 Buffalo Gold slot machines and the wait to use those was ridiculous. It's a popular game, they need more. The hamburgers were never hot. They were warm or room temperature. The cheese didn't even melt. I went to a lecture entitled future cruses expecting hear about exciting destinations, and instead it was a presentation on interpreting your cruise card and what to expect on a cruise. The lectures on Hawaii were great, educational, and poignant. A note of warning: The excursions fill up quickly! Don't procrastinate if there's something you want to do or it will be full. Last, I want to commend the captain. A passenger became critically ill during this voyage. We were 2 days out of Hawaii. The captain made an announcement that be was advised that the situation was critical and he was speeding with all haste to get to our next port. He apologized, but said the ride was going to be rocky. It was. We rocked, rolled, and lurched about the ship for two days. However, he got us to Ensenada 12 hours earlier than scheduled to try and save this passenger's life. Ambulances were waiting when we docked. I was very impressed with how they responded to this emergency. Finally, the food was outstanding with the exception noted above.

Fabulous Experience

Star Princess Cruise Review by Fcjackson

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Penthouse Suite with Balcony

Finally, the food was outstanding with the exception noted above.
Fcjackson’s Full Rating Summary
Get Star Princess price drops

Penthouse Suite with Balcony
Cabin S3
When I cruise with my husband, we get a mini-suite. When I cruise with a friend, we get a full suite. It allows us both to have our own, full sized bed. With the curtain pulled, it's almost like having two bedrooms. I slept on the sofa bed and she had the bed. The sofa bed was very comfortable. Our steward put some kind of mattress pad on it and I slept like a baby. With the full suite, we each had our own tv and each had our own access to the balcony. It was perfect in every way. I also like that with a full suite you get free laundry and dry cleaning, free appetizers delivered every day, and the initial set up of the bar was also nice.
Baja Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins